Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spring Training standout performances/breakout prospects/stuff you wanna post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmp1971

Jun 8, 2010
New Hampshire
Who are the top 5 shockers this spring for overall performance? Ie those we didn't expect to mash or dominate on the hill, yet did?

I think Vogelbach and Travis should be in the mix. Who else? Any eye-popping pitching performances?

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
David Dahl had a good spring - .274, 5 HR, 18 RBI, 4 SB - then was sent to AAA. =(

Carlos Gonzalez, Gerardo Parra, and Ian Desmond had all better be all-stars this year if the Rockies keep Dahl down any later than May.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Should have gone with Whitley for your fantasy team, huh? ;)

Oh wait, forgot about that pesky drug suspension...oh well, it's only 50 days

I did, they are both on my dynasty team. My bigger issue is that I placed a lot of eggs in the stash basket with Puk. Looks like I'll be holding for a while.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I did, they are both on my dynasty team. My bigger issue is that I placed a lot of eggs in the stash basket with Puk. Looks like I'll be holding for a while.

That's always the biggest risk involved when investing in pitching prospects. It really, really sucks. Happened to me a couple years back with Alex Reyes and then Patrick Weigel last year.

But if you truly believe in the kid's stuff, this would be the perfect time to increase your stash. I should have bought more Reyes during his time off. I'm sure I'll regret not doing so.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
That's always the biggest risk involved when investing in pitching prospects. It really, really sucks. Happened to me a couple years back with Alex Reyes and then Patrick Weigel last year.

But if you truly believe in the kid's stuff, this would be the perfect time to increase your stash. I should have bought more Reyes during his time off. I'm sure I'll regret not doing so.

I did do that a little with Reyes, also on my dynasty team, so maybe I will too with Puk.