Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spring Training standout performances/breakout prospects/stuff you wanna post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Just wanted to start a thread where you can feel free to post anything you want pertaining to Spring Training. There are no limitations but in case you wanna see some examples
1. Stats that have caught your eye in regards to a player
2. Prospects having a good/bad Spring
3. Match-ups you are looking forward to
4. Showoff/brag about your favorite players
5. Ideal gossip
6. Make fun of [MENTION=11924]AnthonyCorona[/MENTION]

To kick it off, here are a few things of note

Verlander faced off with Strasburg today. As we all know Verlander is the undisputed best pitcher in baseball so of course he beat Strasburg. JV struck out 5 & walked none in 3 scoreless innings. He has 9 k's in 5 IP this Spring, obviously no runs given up.
In other Astros news, Kyle Tucker has 3 HR & 8 RBI in 16 at-bats this Spring with a .375 avg & 1.313 OPS. He has scored the only run of the game with a bunt single & stolen base.

The Nationals "true ace" Max Scherzer has picked up right where he left off last season and already looks ready for Opening Day. In fact, he even struck out Tebow on 3 pitches which is never easy to do against such an elite hitter. His ST stats: 2-0, 1.80 ERA, 0.20 WHIP 5 IP 1 ER 1 H 8 K 0 BB

In other top prospect news:
Scott Kingery .417 avg 3 HR 4 RBI 1.628 OPS 0 SB
Ronald Acuna .421 avg 1 HR 4 RBI 1.055 OPS 2 SB
Victor Robles .353 avg 1 HR 1 RBI 1.036 OPS 1 SB
Fernando Tatis .250 avg 1 HR 3 RBI .857 OPS 0 SB
Keston Hiura .467 avg 0 HR 4 RBI 1.033 OPS 0 SB
Miguel Andujar .412 avg 4 HR 7 RBI 1.647 OPS 0 SB
Brendan Rodgers .294 avg 1 HR 3 RBI .765 OPS 0 SB
Shohei Ohtani Pitching: 1.1 IP 1 ER 2 K 1 BB 6.75 ERA 2.25 WHIP Hitting: .250 avg 0 HR 1 RBI .750 OPS
Kolby Allard 3 IP 0 ER 1 K/3 BB 0.00 ERA 1.00 WHIP
Mike Soroka 3 IP 1 ER 3 K/0 BB 3.00 ERA 0.33 WHIP

Last edited:

Yankees48

Jul 2, 2014
Andujar is on fiiiiiireee

mcmahon looks like he will make the opening day lineup

and franchy cordero has been impressive

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Did you hang on to all of your Happ autos?

Sold all but one of 'em :x

But I fully intend to buy a couple more, possibly some color, within the next few days while prices are reasonable.

I've actually made a few thousand in profit from prospects since ST began but I like to put a lot of it back into the prospect pool so I've always got a running investment.....but I am *really* tempted to buy a case of Heritage right now.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Sold all but one of 'em :x

But I fully intend to buy a couple more, possibly some color, within the next few days while prices are reasonable.

I've actually made a few thousand in profit from prospects since ST began but I like to put a lot of it back into the prospect pool so I've always got a running investment.....but I am *really* tempted to buy a case of Heritage right now.

Hit a McMahon red ink and we'll talk business!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk