Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Spring Training standout performances/breakout prospects/stuff you wanna post

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Kyle Tucker went 1-for-2 with a 2 out, 2 run single and he now leads the majors with 17 RBI. His numbers are very similar to Acuna, he just doesn't get the same attention because, well, he's not Ronald Acuna
Acuna .410 avg 4 HR 10 RBI 1.255 OPS 4 SB
Tucker .410 avg 4 HR 17 RBI 1.224 OPS 2 SB

Random stats from a couple other kids I'm prospecting who are doing well:

Brendan Rodgers .302 avg 3 HR 7 RBI .910 OPS 1 SB
Scott Kingery .364 avg 3 HR 5 RBI 1.097 OPS 4 SB

I wish I could be including stats of Eloy Jimenez & Bo Bichette but the Jays never use Bichette (except in games where stats don't count toward ST numbers) & Eloy was sent down after hitting 2 bombs in 3 at-bats. Pfffttt...

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Acuna's rankings among the Grapefruit League
.426 avg = 1st Place
.511 OBP = 1st Place
.744 slg% = 1st Place
1.246 OPS = 1st Place
19 Hits = 1st Place
4 HR = 3rd Place
4 SB = 3rd Place
11 RBI = 7th Place
MOJO = 1st Place
Hat Style = 1st Place
So fresh and so clean = 1st Place
Number of restraining orders handed out (to me) = LAST Place / Score = F-

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Whenever Ohtani's mechanics start to click and he gets comfortable with his new surroundings I wouldn't expect to see his offensive stats improve too much more than where they are at right now but I'm assuming he'll look like a completely different pitcher.

I never projected him to become a frontline starter and I always thought fangraphs/mlb.com's #1 placement of him in their top 100 rankings was a little ridiculous (I would have put him 3rd or 4th. Acuna, Guerrero & possibly even Eloy are budding superstars with too high of a ceiling for a pitcher to be ahead of them. I realize it was the fact he was considered both pitcher & hitter that got him that 1st place ranking but they should have known better that offensive stats from Japan don't translate to upper level milb or mlb numbers) but I'd be surprised if he doesn't start pitching like a solid #3 starter by midseason.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Whenever Ohtani's mechanics start to click and he gets comfortable with his new surroundings I wouldn't expect to see his offensive stats improve too much more than where they are at right now but I'm assuming he'll look like a completely different pitcher.

I never projected him to become a frontline starter and I always thought fangraphs/mlb.com's #1 placement of him in their top 100 rankings was a little ridiculous (I would have put him 3rd or 4th. Acuna, Guerrero & possibly even Eloy are budding superstars with too high of a ceiling for a pitcher to be ahead of them. I realize it was the fact he was considered both pitcher & hitter that got him that 1st place ranking but they should have known better that offensive stats from Japan don't translate to upper level milb or mlb numbers) but I'd be surprised if he doesn't start pitching like a solid #3 starter by midseason.
Japanese Babe Ruth

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Big JV, the GOAT has tossed 3 scoreless innings against the Mets so far. He'll likely get a couple more innings of work.

Acuna is not in the starting lineup today. Braves must have felt it would be unfair to the Blue Jays to do so.

Julio Teheran is quietly having a great Spring, heck I didn't even notice. 4 scoreless no-hit innings with 3 strikeouts. He's currently sporting a 1.00 ERA & 0.88 WHIP in ST

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
The list keeps on growing. :(

Susan Slusser @susanslusser
A’s say that after consulting with Dr. James Andrews, A.J. Puk will have Tommy John surgery.