Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Spring Training standout performances/breakout prospects/stuff you wanna post

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aarne13 View Post
    Braden Halladay pitched a 3up/3down inning for Team Canada vs the Jays today in an exhibition game
    Attachment 78212
    Son of Roy?

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kyle Tucker went 1-for-2 with a 2 out, 2 run single and he now leads the majors with 17 RBI. His numbers are very similar to Acuna, he just doesn't get the same attention because, well, he's not Ronald Acuna
    Acuna .410 avg 4 HR 10 RBI 1.255 OPS 4 SB
    Tucker .410 avg 4 HR 17 RBI 1.224 OPS 2 SB

Random stats from a couple other kids I'm prospecting who are doing well:

Brendan Rodgers .302 avg 3 HR 7 RBI .910 OPS 1 SB
    Scott Kingery .364 avg 3 HR 5 RBI 1.097 OPS 4 SB

I wish I could be including stats of Eloy Jimenez & Bo Bichette but the Jays never use Bichette (except in games where stats don't count toward ST numbers) & Eloy was sent down after hitting 2 bombs in 3 at-bats. Pfffttt...
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

aarne13
     Aarne13
    Mentioned
    184 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    Son of Roy?
    Yes. Braden was born in Canada and plays on the National Jr team. Still in high school (Fla).
    Blue Jays Collection

Collecting- Marcus Knecht, John Olerud, certified Jays autos
    Also looking for 2007 Bowman Chrome Shane Benson Gold Refractors Currently have 25/50.

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Tucker sent down.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    J.P.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    Tucker sent down.

Very sad day indeed.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    It gets worse.

Cole Ragans to have TJ.

J.P.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Astros vs Braves game is televised today and I was so hoping I'd get to watch a game with both Tucker & Acuna. Couldn't they just have waited one more day?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    It gets worse.

Cole Ragans to have TJ.

Yeah, that's no good.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah man, Acuna must be off his game today. He's just 2-for-3 with a measly RBI, run scored and NO home runs!

SELL SELL SELL

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Acuna's rankings among the Grapefruit League
    .426 avg = 1st Place
    .511 OBP = 1st Place
    .744 slg% = 1st Place
    1.246 OPS = 1st Place
    19 Hits = 1st Place
    4 HR = 3rd Place
    4 SB = 3rd Place
    11 RBI = 7th Place
    MOJO = 1st Place
    Hat Style = 1st Place
    So fresh and so clean = 1st Place
    Number of restraining orders handed out (to me) = LAST Place / Score = F-
    Last edited by death2redemptions; 03-18-2018 at 03:51 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    MOJO = 1st Place
    Hat Style = 1st Place
    So fresh and so clean = 1st Place
    There's a horse loose in the hospital

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohtani looking like he might need to start at Lake Elsinore

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whenever Ohtani's mechanics start to click and he gets comfortable with his new surroundings I wouldn't expect to see his offensive stats improve too much more than where they are at right now but I'm assuming he'll look like a completely different pitcher.

I never projected him to become a frontline starter and I always thought fangraphs/mlb.com's #1 placement of him in their top 100 rankings was a little ridiculous (I would have put him 3rd or 4th. Acuna, Guerrero & possibly even Eloy are budding superstars with too high of a ceiling for a pitcher to be ahead of them. I realize it was the fact he was considered both pitcher & hitter that got him that 1st place ranking but they should have known better that offensive stats from Japan don't translate to upper level milb or mlb numbers) but I'd be surprised if he doesn't start pitching like a solid #3 starter by midseason.

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Whenever Ohtani's mechanics start to click and he gets comfortable with his new surroundings I wouldn't expect to see his offensive stats improve too much more than where they are at right now but I'm assuming he'll look like a completely different pitcher.

I never projected him to become a frontline starter and I always thought fangraphs/mlb.com's #1 placement of him in their top 100 rankings was a little ridiculous (I would have put him 3rd or 4th. Acuna, Guerrero & possibly even Eloy are budding superstars with too high of a ceiling for a pitcher to be ahead of them. I realize it was the fact he was considered both pitcher & hitter that got him that 1st place ranking but they should have known better that offensive stats from Japan don't translate to upper level milb or mlb numbers) but I'd be surprised if he doesn't start pitching like a solid #3 starter by midseason.
    Japanese Babe Ruth

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big JV, the GOAT has tossed 3 scoreless innings against the Mets so far. He'll likely get a couple more innings of work.

Acuna is not in the starting lineup today. Braves must have felt it would be unfair to the Blue Jays to do so.

Julio Teheran is quietly having a great Spring, heck I didn't even notice. 4 scoreless no-hit innings with 3 strikeouts. He's currently sporting a 1.00 ERA & 0.88 WHIP in ST

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Make that four scoreless innings for Verlander with a couple k's and no walks.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast