Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My Heritage case beat a lot of odds

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Opened my first ever full case of Heritage last Saturday. I have had years when I went crazy with Heritage, but it's been a while, and I never bit the bullet and got this much at once. When I've opened full cases in the past it ended up being a trudge, filled with that feeling that I wasn't going to hit anything good, which I didn't. Of course, those were cases like 2005 Topps Chrome and 2004 Cracker Jack, so the good stuff was pretty sparse. But this one was great. Watched a couple movies and gave most packs a close look. While I didn't pull an Ohtani red auto or anything, I was pretty happy. I just crunched the numbers on what I got (and by crunched I mean wrote down):
Insert 1:eek:dds # pulled
quarter 25543 1
pilots 3464 1
magenta 691 1
relic gold 523 1
flip stock 512 1
chrome black 501 1
100th 277 1
mini 262 1
color swap 205 1
real one auto 154 1

I am really surprised I met or beat the odds on every insert with less than 50% probability except the throwbacks and chrome golds and supers, which have really long odds. No interesting boxtoppers, though. And I haven't finished sorting the base cards, but I doubt I hit a Nickname, either. I hadn't realized how tough the Pilots autos were, and we really lucked out on the Quarter card (Kris Bryant #/5!). Of course, that was in one of the boxes my wife opened. Chick luck strikes again. Also pulled an Ohtani SP, which I've heard are 1:3 cases. I will be building the full base set plus Action photos, so I'll be posting in the trade forum soon.

I'll be making this an annual thing for the next few years as the next few years' designs are some of my faves.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
So, do you risk selling the Ohtani and then buying another one later for the set?

I have two SPs: 464, 478. They're yours if you need 'em for the set.

And GL on your sales!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Did you only pull 2 autos from the case? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a case but first I'm checking out as many breaks as possible to see the average amount of autos pulled per case. I'm noticing most have roughly 3 autos (a couple Real One autos + a red ink or insert auto on average) per case which is an amount I'd be happy with.

PeteD

Oct 15, 2009
Southern Ont.
Did you only pull 2 autos from the case? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a case but first I'm checking out as many breaks as possible to see the average amount of autos pulled per case. I'm noticing most have roughly 3 autos (a couple Real One autos + a red ink or insert auto on average) per case which is an amount I'd be happy with.

Heritage is a solid rip...just dump everything fast that's hot. SP's and variations don't hold value anymore unless you know.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side

Just to correct this comment, upon looking further into some older Blowout breaks of Heritage it actually looks like most cases are yielding 1-3 autos with the majority in the 2 range.

Heritage is a solid rip...just dump everything fast that's hot. SP's and variations don't hold value anymore unless you know.

Yeah, I used to be a hardcore Heritage ripper. Would generally rip 2 or 3 cases of the stuff up until 4 (or so) years ago when I converted into a prospector to save money. My wax habit was becoming way too expensive.

But I bit the bullet and relapsed today. Bought a case of Heritage! I'm filled with both excitement and dread, as I always am right before busting cases.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
But I bit the bullet and relapsed today. Bought a case of Heritage! I'm filled with both excitement and dread, as I always am right before busting cases.

201ac5dcf67e77fc876dd815b5e38cef.gif

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Fire!
black-ref-robles.jpg
Sweet!
pilots-bates.jpg
Cha-Ching!
bryant-quarter.jpg
Boosh!
magenta-mccullers-back.jpg

Then last night I went to Target and couldn't resist one more blaster with the coupon for another free pack. Blam!
black-ref-benintendi.jpg

Attachments

• 20180305_023522391_iOS.jpg
    20180305_023522391_iOS.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
Just to correct this comment, upon looking further into some older Blowout breaks of Heritage it actually looks like most cases are yielding 1-3 autos with the majority in the 2 range.

Yeah, I used to be a hardcore Heritage ripper. Would generally rip 2 or 3 cases of the stuff up until 4 (or so) years ago when I converted into a prospector to save money. My wax habit was becoming way too expensive.

Brent had 99 in 45 cases.

I think he had some auto relics and multiple sigs, but only a handful - basically 2 per box - anything more than that is a bonus from what I see.

I cracked one and am sitting not he other - haven't had time and haven't decided course of action yet.

Members online