User Tag List

Thread: My Heritage case beat a lot of odds

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Heritage case beat a lot of odds

Opened my first ever full case of Heritage last Saturday. I have had years when I went crazy with Heritage, but it's been a while, and I never bit the bullet and got this much at once. When I've opened full cases in the past it ended up being a trudge, filled with that feeling that I wasn't going to hit anything good, which I didn't. Of course, those were cases like 2005 Topps Chrome and 2004 Cracker Jack, so the good stuff was pretty sparse. But this one was great. Watched a couple movies and gave most packs a close look. While I didn't pull an Ohtani red auto or anything, I was pretty happy. I just crunched the numbers on what I got (and by crunched I mean wrote down):
    Insert 1dds # pulled
    quarter 25543 1
    pilots 3464 1
    magenta 691 1
    relic gold 523 1
    flip stock 512 1
    chrome black 501 1
    100th 277 1
    mini 262 1
    color swap 205 1
    real one auto 154 1

I am really surprised I met or beat the odds on every insert with less than 50% probability except the throwbacks and chrome golds and supers, which have really long odds. No interesting boxtoppers, though. And I haven't finished sorting the base cards, but I doubt I hit a Nickname, either. I hadn't realized how tough the Pilots autos were, and we really lucked out on the Quarter card (Kris Bryant #/5!). Of course, that was in one of the boxes my wife opened. Chick luck strikes again. Also pulled an Ohtani SP, which I've heard are 1:3 cases. I will be building the full base set plus Action photos, so I'll be posting in the trade forum soon.

I'll be making this an annual thing for the next few years as the next few years' designs are some of my faves.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet breakdown! That KB Quarter should bring a decent price.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! Pics?

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." Abraham Lincoln

Super Moderator
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, do you risk selling the Ohtani and then buying another one later for the set?

I have two SPs: 464, 478. They're yours if you need 'em for the set.

And GL on your sales!
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you only pull 2 autos from the case? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a case but first I'm checking out as many breaks as possible to see the average amount of autos pulled per case. I'm noticing most have roughly 3 autos (a couple Real One autos + a red ink or insert auto on average) per case which is an amount I'd be happy with.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

justcallmepete
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Did you only pull 2 autos from the case? I'm pretty close to pulling the trigger on a case but first I'm checking out as many breaks as possible to see the average amount of autos pulled per case. I'm noticing most have roughly 3 autos (a couple Real One autos + a red ink or insert auto on average) per case which is an amount I'd be happy with.
    Heritage is a solid rip...just dump everything fast that's hot. SP's and variations don't hold value anymore unless you know.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to correct this comment, upon looking further into some older Blowout breaks of Heritage it actually looks like most cases are yielding 1-3 autos with the majority in the 2 range.

Quote Originally Posted by PeteD View Post
    Heritage is a solid rip...just dump everything fast that's hot. SP's and variations don't hold value anymore unless you know.
    Yeah, I used to be a hardcore Heritage ripper. Would generally rip 2 or 3 cases of the stuff up until 4 (or so) years ago when I converted into a prospector to save money. My wax habit was becoming way too expensive.

But I bit the bullet and relapsed today. Bought a case of Heritage! I'm filled with both excitement and dread, as I always am right before busting cases.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I bit the bullet and relapsed today. Bought a case of Heritage! I'm filled with both excitement and dread, as I always am right before busting cases.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fire!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	black-ref-robles.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	130.7 KB 
ID:	77955
    Sweet!

Name:	pilots-bates.jpg 
Size:	123.6 KB 
ID:	77956
    Cha-Ching!

Name:	bryant-quarter.jpg 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	77957
    Boosh!

Name:	magenta-mccullers-back.jpg 
Size:	136.4 KB 
ID:	77958

Then last night I went to Target and couldn't resist one more blaster with the coupon for another free pack. Blam!

Name:	black-ref-benintendi.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	77959
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180305_023522391_iOS.jpg  
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

rangercalfas
    Mentioned
    291 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    congrats

Mentioned
    260 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Congrats on the Benintendi

justcallmepete
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    I'm liking the Pilots and overall '69 set design...and the shiny stuff.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to correct this comment, upon looking further into some older Blowout breaks of Heritage it actually looks like most cases are yielding 1-3 autos with the majority in the 2 range.

Yeah, I used to be a hardcore Heritage ripper. Would generally rip 2 or 3 cases of the stuff up until 4 (or so) years ago when I converted into a prospector to save money. My wax habit was becoming way too expensive.

Brent had 99 in 45 cases.

I think he had some auto relics and multiple sigs, but only a handful - basically 2 per box - anything more than that is a bonus from what I see.

I cracked one and am sitting not he other - haven't had time and haven't decided course of action yet.
    Finish your sets! Check my sportlots inventory. 350,000 cards listed!
    Shipping capped at $3.00 for any order in the United States
    I'm letting my Football and Hockey collections go - I've lowered prices almost all of my football and hockey cards on sportlots. Mostly inserts, SPs and premium cards - take a look!

http://www.sportlots.com/dealers/?dealer=tribe426

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice pulls

heritage by the case is fun - unless you are OCD and have a need to sort the base!
    Finish your sets! Check my sportlots inventory. 350,000 cards listed!
    Shipping capped at $3.00 for any order in the United States
    I'm letting my Football and Hockey collections go - I've lowered prices almost all of my football and hockey cards on sportlots. Mostly inserts, SPs and premium cards - take a look!

http://www.sportlots.com/dealers/?dealer=tribe426