Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Really interesting card in hindsight. 1987 Sportflics "The Big Six" #197

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
So I came across this card and "the big six" are Wade Boggs, George Brett, Hubie Brooks, Tony Gwynn, Tim Raines, and Ryne Sandberg. Now Sportflics did have some other big six cards from that period, but how many cards feature FIVE HOFers from their playing years? I've seen some cards featuring three HOFers from their playing years, but I can't think of many cards that have more than that.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Frank-Thomas-Cal-Ripken-Jr-Greg-Maddux-Mike-Piazza-Chipper-Jones-Ken-Griffey-Jr.jpg

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
In terms of base cards, there aren't many. There are a few inserts I can think of that have a lot of HOFers on one card, 1997 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle Checklist comes to mind.

Apr 13, 2010
So I came across this card and "the big six" are Wade Boggs, George Brett, Hubie Brooks, Tony Gwynn, Tim Raines, and Ryne Sandberg. Now Sportflics did have some other big six cards from that period, but how many cards feature FIVE HOFers from their playing years? I've seen some cards featuring three HOFers from their playing years, but I can't think of many cards that have more than that.
One of these things is not like the others...

Looking back on that card makes me wonder what type of year Hubie Brooks had to be included on that card.
Good question! The back of the card indicates that Hubie was leading the National League with a .340 average before he was injured on August 1st and missed the remainder of the season.

He never hit higher than .286 in the remaining eight seasons he played.

Members online