Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

COMC advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Well a compromise has finally been reached with Mrs. Doerrcollector and it seems it's time to send off the majority of my collection to COMC.

Don't worry-no Doerr or Joyce or PC items are going anywhere, they is all the other odds and ends. Have tried to sell on eBay over the last year with almost no success, so COMC it is.

Open to hearing any and all best practices in shipping the cards off to COMC.

They recommend 2-400 ct boxes inside of a USPS flat rate box. Is this the best way?

Also do they really charge you a 5 cent surcharge if all the cards aren't facing the same direction?

What has worked best for all of you in getting your cards there safely?

Thanks for the help,

Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Hmm, I just recently discovered COMC and the concept seems pretty solid for cards you’re looking to sell/trade. I wouldn’t want my PC on there because I’d want to get it out once in awhile and look at it.

Collecting ‘96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball. Let me know whatcha got for sale/trade!
Sent using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Jan 14, 2009
400ct Box...ease of counting
Soft sleeved....new ones
Sorted by player or set....faster processing

This. But also, don't be surprised if they tell you that your cards were damaged in transit and require a higher processing fees for them (aka with "condition notes"). This has happened several times, even when including buffers and fillers to prevent movement in the boxes and penny sleeves. They will recommend that you ship them tight in a box then wrap the box in cushion and insert into another box where the corners can't touch anything. Even then, you still risk them requiring condition notes pricing to process.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I have COMC advice: (not to you in particular but Im sure it would help someone out)

Their headquarters are in WA so the tax counts from that state, meaning no matter what mix of card buyers you're purchasing from if you live in WA you pay and extra tax at the final step on ALL cards. :(

Members online

Latest posts