User Tag List

Thread: Devers still hot

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Devers still hot

He's having a good spring, and I was zeroed in on this slice of fried gold when it came up for auction, his 2014 Bowman Chrome Superfractor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	407.6 KB 
ID:	78156

I was prepared to go to the mattresses for it, but it surpassed my expectations/hopes by about a grand (for posterity, $3183.33). I'm loving "pure" cards more than ever now, and this is real, real nice. And it's gratifying that a raw, non-auto, true 1st year RC card sold for so much, even if I couldn't afford it.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

justcallmepete
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by smapdi View Post
    He's having a good spring, and I was zeroed in on this slice of fried gold when it came up for auction, his 2014 Bowman Chrome Superfractor.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	407.6 KB 
ID:	78156

I was prepared to go to the mattresses for it, but it surpassed my expectations/hopes by about a grand (for posterity, $3183.33). I'm loving "pure" cards more than ever now, and this is real, real nice. And it's gratifying that a raw, non-auto, true 1st year RC card sold for so much, even if I couldn't afford it.
    yeah i noticed last night cruising box scores...zero talk about him too which tells you how loaded they are.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great that it sold for that much but it still isn't a RC because it is a parallel insert.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2016 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

piledriver1
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on your definition. By the Beckett definition that's true, but I never thought their definition made sense. I consider it an RC, and in the end it doesn't even matter much because the MLB licensing fiasco clouded those waters almost irretrievably.
    Looking for 2011 Topps Marquee Museum autographs, rare Frank Thomases and Grady Sizemores I don't have

zc3009
    Mentioned
    300 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, this makes me wish I still had my Devers autos that I pulled in my 2015 Bowman's Best case a year back. Can't complain too much since I've since made money on the case with plenty of base autos left, but I could have made even more, especially with an atomic auto /50
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector