Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tips on selling a 300 insert card lot?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBCgalaxee

Sep 9, 2011
I can say I've never sold something like this on ebay.

It's 300 baseball inserts from last few years, all low end products but filled with stars (no Jeter trout Harper).

What should I expect in terms of a price? $10? $30? $50?

I know it's vague but any help appreciated

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
I'd think you could get .30 per hopefully if you do a bin/bo. Maybe list it at .40-.50/card and come down from there? Might take a while to sell. I've been selling star card lots recently on ebay and that's what I've been getting for lots of 30-60 cards with about 20% being inserts/rookies of said player. I've also sold serial # team lots, in lesser quantities, maybe like 10-20 cards, and got around .50 per for those. Last year sold a San Diego team lot right away and been sitting on a Boston lot for a long time, go figure...such a crap shoot. I scan every card (not dupes) and list them in the description. Obviously not going to be able to do that with a 300 count lot, but maybe try to find some of the more star power and scan those at least. I did some as auctions and some as bin/bo and definitely got more per card via the bin/bo route.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Whatever you do, stay away from an auction format and go with BIN/OBO. Selling cards that aren't highly sought after or that aren't from a recently released product via the auction format is an easy way to end up getting less than the actual cost of shipping.

If you decide to sell them all in one big lot then ship them using a padded flat rate envelope, it is your cheapest and safest option. A lot of 300 insert cards should be able to fit in a 330 ct or 400 ct cardboard box. Either one will fit inside a padded flat rate envelope & if you print your own labels via e-bay it only costs $7.10. Your cards will also be well protected.

You'll need to be patient though, as it can take a little time to sell modern age lower end insert cards that don't include serial #d superstars, autograph/relics or BC top prospect refractor parallel. But there will likely be a buyer out there who is interested, it just may take some time before he finds you. For like the first 5-10 years selling cards on e-bay I used to be so inpatient and I'd put everything up using the auction format and often I wondered why they sold for less (sometimes much less) than other similar cards. I noticed a trend that similar cards that sold via BIN/OBO always went for the most. I tried doing it for a bit but when they wouldn't sell in a few days I gave up and went back selling via auction. It took awhile before I realized that my cards *could* sell for just as much as the bigger sales, I just had to be patient. It may take a couple times of having to relist 5-day listings and sometimes much longer (or shorter) but eventually I'd get someone to bite. You almost always will, assuming you aren't trying to sell your cards for far more than their actual value. There is a time and a place for using the auction format but in your situation I'd say it isn't.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yes, totally agree with avoiding an auction. I used to put all the star cards into player lots to sell at the end of the calendar year and always got crushed on the ending price...

Members online