Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

When are minor league rosters set?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Two weeks from tomorrow will be opening night in Stockton! We survived a very long off season. I'm curious when team rosters are usually announced. I'm going to try to get many IP autos this year and wanna start checking who I have from the cal league. I don't have any Ohtani who should be at inland empire

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Our local team won't know till about 3/25 but doubt list out - team arrives about then also . game 4/2

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
That's about right and our local paper usually has the roster listed before MILB.

teams usually press release their roster to local media directly plus MILB.com can take awhile to update their database when there are so many transactions going on at once like when the big league team breaks camp.

I would conservatively say watch a team's page on milb.com as the roster gets built as the transactions are entered or wait until april 6th or so when milb is on the cusp of the new season.

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
Agree, keep an eye on their milb.com team site. Likely a few days before their season starts.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Twitter is the best source for following roster announcements. I'd say most clubs will be posted the Monday or Tuesday after Easter this year. Rosters are typically set 2-3 days before the season begins, but some clubs are tardy.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Sent the local minor league team an email asking if they could email the roster out when they have it! I'll let you know if I get a response!!!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Got a fairly quick response!!

Once we have our complete roster, we will be sending a press release and releasing it on social media. With that said we often don’t know our roster until a day or two before Opening Day. As of now, we only know our coaching staff and have not been told about any players yet.

Thanks for your interest and support,
Allen

Allen Lawrence | VP/AGM | Salem Red Sox

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
Got a fairly quick response!!

Once we have our complete roster, we will be sending a press release and releasing it on social media. With that said we often don’t know our roster until a day or two before Opening Day. As of now, we only know our coaching staff and have not been told about any players yet.

Thanks for your interest and support,
Allen

Allen Lawrence | VP/AGM | Salem Red Sox
Awesome! Thanks a lot!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk