Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Dumb question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
I'm assuming you're talking about the online cards like "Topps Now" or "Panini Instant", which are offered, usually for a week or so, and then produced to numbers equalling the number of orders?

Although there is some dispute as to if they actually print more than they say they do...

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
They're great until the server goes offline or the brand stops being supported or your account gets hacked and all your cards stolen or you try to sell them and find out no one cares about them.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
They're great until the server goes offline or the brand stops being supported or your account gets hacked and all your cards stolen or you try to sell them and find out no one cares about them.
In other words, digital cards suck. I've always thought this, too, as there's no appeal to "hey, you wanna come over after school and log into my collection to see my e-cards?" Like something off Futurama.
I don't view Topps Now as a digital card. It's more of an order-filling system that actually sends you a physical card.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Well one thing about them that is appealing is that you don't have to go anywhere to see someone's collection, they're always right on their phone. Another is you don't have to worry about condition. Although I suppose it's always possible that "condition" could be another layer of rarity they could add at some point.

Members online