Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Printing Plate Set Complete! Show off Yours if you want :)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
It took 2 years, but I finally completed it! 2016 Topps 65th Anniversary 1987 Rookie Cup :D :D :D

Shown below are the only 1/1 rookie cup autographs made (so far, that is - just wait until this time in 3 years and there will probably be 20 more :p )

3.jpg

Here they are shown with the autographed 1/1 in the middle:

7.jpg

The last card that came in was the yellow. I ran a poll on what the least liked plate was, and overwhelmingly it was yellow. I can honestly say I was much more excited about the yellow coming in than the regular 1/1 :)

2.jpg

Thanks for looking and feel free to post up your printing plate sets. Let me know if you have any rare Canseco cards - I'm ALWAYS buying/trading!

Jul 12, 2017
This is awesome. I have 3 different printing plate sets that are only 3/4 complete. I would love to be able to complete any one of them and all 3 missing plates are at the top of my needs. I think completing printing plates is one of the hardest things to do, but to complete a Rookie Cup Auto set of plates....

MIND BLOWN!

Congrats again Tanner!!!

My missing ones are 2015 Topps #127 Black Plate, 2012 Cloth Sticker Yellow Plate, 2014 A&G Magenta Plate.20180324_185816.jpg20180324_185755.jpgEPSON004-1.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
This is awesome. I have 3 different printing plate sets that are only 3/4 complete. I would love to be able to complete any one of them and all 3 missing plates are at the top of my needs. I think completing printing plates is one of the hardest things to do, but to complete a Rookie Cup Auto set of plates....

MIND BLOWN!

Congrats again Tanner!!!

My missing ones are 2015 Topps #127 Black Plate, 2012 Cloth Sticker Yellow Plate, 2014 A&G Magenta Plate.View attachment 78482View attachment 78483View attachment 78484

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Thank you sir and good luck to you on your quest! I have 2-3 other runs of 3 that I hope to one day complete, but none will be able to top this :)

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Only printing plate set I've completed:

0qWuEndl.jpg

v51pejal.jpg

And although not plates - here's a same color as plates run of Charlie Blackmon proofs from 2016 Donruss:

YpzVxKtl.jpg

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Aside from the 2005 Donruss Diamond Kings redemption program where they gave them out in complete sets, I don't think I have more than 2 plates of any one card.

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
Here is the set of the "color runs" for the 1995 Griffey, Jr. Topps Cyberstats card #199. Cards are "blank back" and have 'refractor' backgrounds.

1995 TOPPS CYBERSTATS GRIFFEY 4 COLORS.jpg

crypticfreak1

May 16, 2016
IMG_5866.JPG I have 1 complete run of Brian Johnson Rize plates and 3/4 of the other 2 runs of the Rize plates! 38 Printing plates in total! The ones you got seem to be in great shape too! Too often they are very marked up.

If the cards are printed using printing plates what happens to the printing plates for the cards that do not have printing plates distributed in packs?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

flarick

Apr 30, 2009
South Florida
That's awesome! How'd you come across those?

Met an East Coast dealer thru eBay in 1999. He was a huge Griffey collector and we battled on eBay over "everything Griffey" odd stuff for several years. Eventually, his health began to fail and he contacted me to see if I was interested in his "collection". Needless to say, I jumped at the chance and bought him out in 2006. These were part of that collection. I have never seen another set so I suspect they are in the "pretty rare" category!!

Members online

Latest posts