Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

If you don't ship cards from home yet, read this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I keep running into people who think they need to go to the post office to pay for shipping and such. I wanted to give a little bit of a rundown on what I do in hopes of it helping some folks here.

If someone buys something from me, I pack it up, weigh it (you can probably get a scale from ebay if you don't have one ... singles in a padded envelope should typically be under 5oz though.)

From there, I go directly to www.paypal.com/shipnow - you can fill out everything you need there for ANY sales you make, no matter how/where you sold from print the label and tape the label on your package.

paypal.jpg

Finally, you can typically just put it in your box to be picked up, OR you can go to https://tools.usps.com/go/ScheduleAPickupAction!input.action and request a pickup - this is typically free.

usps.jpg

This has saved me LOADS of time and money - I hope it helps someone here as much as it has helped me!

Jul 22, 2016
I don’t know how many people would leave something of value in their mailbox while they aren’t home. Going to the PO gives you the peace of mind that it’s on its way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
And you can easily print from a no fees transaction too.

Although, as said, I don't leave it for them to pick up, I just drop it off on way to wherever...

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I can drop off two mailers - one in box at road and one inside SAME parking lot - inside gets there one day faster same place .. When you have MIL in wheelchair / walker inside and twins 2 1/2 you value going ANYWHERE . Card building only 50 feet from house helps . Employees are at hardware store so I speak to all days I go in and ask where you been if not regular . Keep getting job offers . No scale at home but I send many boxes out - use USPS boxes .

Members online