Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Player Collectors: how do you store/display?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Storage totes, super shoes boxes, 5K boxes, binders, stacked in a pile...you name it. I have my stuff scattered about, depending on it's size.

kid4hof03
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wthalin View Post
    Very nice! Do you leave slots open for cards you don't have yet or do you just shuffle everything down when you add a new card?
    Yes, I leave spaces for the cards I don't have yet. Also, keeping them organized by year means that when I discover something outside of the list it's not too much work to reorganize. I'm not OCD in my organization, but I do love filling in the empty spaces and being able to page through and see progress and where I need to focus at certain times. It's a lot of work to get it all organized but for me that's a lot of the fun. I've got several other players I need to do this for, just taking my time getting binders, pages and the checklist ready.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I store all base cards and low end inserts in penny sleeves, pages, and a binder. All game used, autographs and other high end cards are stored in thick toploaders or magnetics. I do leave spaces in my binders for cards I need yet. This video gives a lay out of my binder organization (excuse the video quality as it's 5 years old).

Barry Bonds PC 5,000+ different and counting! Check out my Barry Bonds Collection on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/weight333

dacubs47
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by weight333 View Post
    I store all base cards and low end inserts in penny sleeves, pages, and a binder. All game used, autographs and other high end cards are stored in thick toploaders or magnetics. I do leave spaces in my binders for cards I need yet. This video gives a lay out of my binder organization (excuse the video quality as it's 5 years old).

Wow, very impressive collection! Thanks for sharing. Where do you typically pick up your new cards? I often frequent eBay and Sportslots, but have been having a harder time finding a lot of my holes.

Also, do you have issues with the penny sleeves wrinkling up a bit in your pages? Didn't look like it in your video, but I'm curious what penny sleeves and pages you use because my binders tend to have issues with this when I penny sleeve them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I canít get penny sleeves to fit in my Ultra Pro pockets anymore. This happened about ten years ago. The penny sleeves seem to now be made ever so wider. I also would like to know ebay sleeves will fit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brian26 View Post
    I can’t get penny sleeves to fit in my Ultra Pro pockets anymore. This happened about ten years ago. The penny sleeves seem to now be made ever so wider. I also would like to know ebay sleeves will fit.
    I haven't had any issues with Ultra Pro penny sleeves fitting in Ultra Pro Platinum sheets. They also fit just fine in the BCW sheets I use for putting sets in binders.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2016 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With my pc only collecting frank thomas i sleeve and top load every card with the exception of frank specific sets. Such as star and spellbound. They are in an album. I have 2 5+ foot file cabinets that were used in a doctor's office that have spacers in each drawer. Perfect for my cards

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's an example Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1522251656137.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	78597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1522251639832.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	78598

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of my collection is in binders. I penny sleeve each card before it goes into Ultra Pro Platinum pages. Odd size stuff, proofs, etc. also tend to end up in appropriate sized pages in that player's binder(s).

RCs, rare/#'d stuff, and anything $3-$15 get a penny sleeve/topload/team bag.

$15+ gets a One Touch and team bag. Everything in a top load or one touch goes into 2,000 count shoe boxes.

Slabbed cards kind of get stuck in whatever box they'll fit in. I really need to buy some of the shoeboxes for Slabs.

As far as leaving space I try to do so because it's easier than rearranging after the fact.
    Last edited by WizardofOz1982; 03-28-2018 at 11:39 PM.
    I PC Jeff Frye, Ozzie Smith, Jeff Bagwell, and Matt Holiday. Working on 2006-2016 Allen & Ginter sets
    https://jefffryecollection.wordpress.com - My collection website with galleries and want lists

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fthomas1000 View Post
    Here's an example Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1522251656137.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	78597Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1522251639832.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	99.3 KB 
ID:	78598
    Whoa...that's too cool! I never thought of a locking file cabinet. If you could get one that is fireproof...super bonus!
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    Whoa...that's too cool! I never thought of a locking file cabinet. If you could get one that is fireproof...super bonus!
    Yes that would be awesome. I love how cozy the cards fit with in each section! Makes it so easy to stay organized

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the worst at organization, and I am really jealous of some of you guys and your collections!
    I have about 10 binders of the commons (cards $10- $20 or less) and a majority of the better/rarer cards are sleeved and top loaded. The rest are in one-touches and single screwdowns mixed in, too, sorted by year in those super shoe boxes (3 rows), again organized by year. Other stuff is neatly cluttered around. My wife was nice enough to let me decorate the den, but her approval of how it looks is still important to me!

My binders at one time were sorted by year, with spaces, but that ended a dozen years ago. I have not taken the time to re-organize. If you asked me to find a common post-2000 Gwynn, say a 2005 Donruss champions Green foil... It would take me literally forever to find it, even though my checklist says I have two. Recently I wanted to find my Hit the Books Bookmarks, and took me days. I was trying to find my Cramer's Choice cards, took me a day. THere are some cards I have checked off, I remember seeing it or getting it, but I have not seen it since! Sad but true stories of an unorganized player collector!

That being said, it is fun to look through binders and not know what the next page will bring, so I have that going for me! I do look through my cards for enjoyment often!

bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Binders by year, although some years are actually in 2. There are 3 more binders that won't fit on the shelf.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	p1.png 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.44 MB 
ID:	78606

Binders have parallels together like so, my favorite cards are at the front. I don't leave holes for needed cards, I rearrange things on the rare occasion I find something new.

Name:	p2.png 
Views:	28 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	78607

4 wall displays now. These are 50 card displays from Pennzoni Displays. 3 of them are custom made with 1 less shelf so that mag holders will fit vertically.

Name:	w1.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	967.7 KB 
ID:	78608

Name:	w2.png 
Views:	32 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	78609

Name:	w3.png 
Views:	34 
Size:	894.1 KB 
ID:	78610

Then I have a box with another ~80 cards in mag holders that lost their place on the walls due to something nicer being found.
    Randy Johnson Collector!! 5,300 Unique Cards & Counting.
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/bigunitcards

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice set up! Love the custom display cases. Congrats on tracking down a 92 DK jumbo!
    Barry Bonds PC 5,000+ different and counting! Check out my Barry Bonds Collection on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/weight333

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love the custom display cases. Those are nice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast