Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Player Online Checklists/PC Log

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I'm in the midst of organizing the extensive Frank Thomas collection and have a few quick questions for you guys related to PC tracking.

For those of you who use an online database/resource for keeping track of your PC, which site do you prefer? Beckett.com seems nice because you can track your "haves" and "wants" in a one-stop shop and they have a lot of photos, but they charge an annual fee for anything over 500 cards.

Also, anyone know a good resource to find a comprehensive, complete checklist for all Thomas cards that is downloadable/printable?

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I'm in the midst of organizing the extensive Frank Thomas collection and have a few quick questions for you guys related to PC tracking.

For those of you who use an online database/resource for keeping track of your PC, which site do you prefer? Beckett.com seems nice because you can track your "haves" and "wants" in a one-stop shop and they have a lot of photos, but they charge an annual fee for anything over 500 cards.

Also, anyone know a good resource to find a comprehensive, complete checklist for all Thomas cards that is downloadable/printable?

I created the site https://www.sportscardslist.com to allow you to catalog sets and players.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
Those are both pretty good sites. I'm definitely going to check out the sportcardslist site...impressive, brad!

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Whoa. Brad this is incredible. I'm not sure how you put this together, and I'm also not sure how I didn't know about it until now.

When I got back into working on my Robbie Alomar PC 3 years ago - after a 20 year layoff - one of my main tasks was compiling a checklist to know what the hell I was looking for. The first thing I did was to take the Beckett, Tradingcarddb.com, and Baseballcardpedia.com lists and merge them. Then I corrected all the errors I could find. Then I added all the unusual / oddball / whatever cards I knew about. Then I continued to update it with anything and everything that came along. This was a lot of work, and I am honestly ashamed to admit how many hours I've devoted to the pursuit of the ultimate master checklist. So after perusing your checklist, I wish I had that as a starting point instead!!

I am not sure how it compares to other sites, but it looks like I have 8,720 different Frank Thomas cards in my database:

https://www.sportscardslist.com/search/#q=Frank Thomas

wthalin

Feb 28, 2018
Concord, CA
I track my player collections in Google Sheets. Just copied the list from Beckett a while back and have added to it from there. I like that I can easily access it from my phone or any device and everything is automatically saved and updated. Makes time spent on the train to and from work a lot more productive as far as looking for cards I have on the needs list.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Whoa. Brad this is incredible. I'm not sure how you put this together, and I'm also not sure how I didn't know about it until now.

When I got back into working on my Robbie Alomar PC 3 years ago - after a 20 year layoff - one of my main tasks was compiling a checklist to know what the hell I was looking for. The first thing I did was to take the Beckett, Tradingcarddb.com, and Baseballcardpedia.com lists and merge them. Then I corrected all the errors I could find. Then I added all the unusual / oddball / whatever cards I knew about. Then I continued to update it with anything and everything that came along. This was a lot of work, and I am honestly ashamed to admit how many hours I've devoted to the pursuit of the ultimate master checklist. So after perusing your checklist, I wish I had that as a starting point instead!!

I did something very similar, however, I wrote some logic to automate it and automatically add new sets to the database or look for conflicting information in existing sets.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Nice. A little programming know-how can go a long way. I did all my checklist dirty work the hard way, by hand. With many beers consumed during the process.

I did something very similar, however, I wrote some logic to automate it and automatically add new sets to the database or look for conflicting information in existing sets.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Very nice and clean Brad.

Is there a way to submit feedback (other than the general feedback window) about cards that are on the list but don't actually exist or are mislabeled?

The only feature I'd like to see is a way to submit cards that aren't listed. I have 8 Jeff Frye cards that aren't listed and I'd like to have them on there so I can keep everything in one spot.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
Very nice and clean Brad.

Is there a way to submit feedback (other than the general feedback window) about cards that are on the list but don't actually exist or are mislabeled?

The only feature I'd like to see is a way to submit cards that aren't listed. I have 8 Jeff Frye cards that aren't listed and I'd like to have them on there so I can keep everything in one spot.

YOu can send me a PM on it.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I've been fiddling around on sportscardlist for a bit today and I'm impressed. I like that you can add the same card to different lists...very useful for separating extra cards for sale/trade from those in your PC.
[MENTION=3478]bradical[/MENTION] How long have you had the site up and going? Is it fully funded through ads?

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
You're missing quite a few Marwin Gonzalez cards, but they are mostly minor league and Venezuelan cards.

Is there a way to add cameos to a checklist?

I really like the site. I need to play around with it.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
I've been fiddling around on sportscardlist for a bit today and I'm impressed. I like that you can add the same card to different lists...very useful for separating extra cards for sale/trade from those in your PC.
[MENTION=3478]bradical[/MENTION] How long have you had the site up and going? Is it fully funded through ads?

I have had the site up and going for a few years. Yep, the site relies on advertising/affiliate links to generate revenue. However, its been a pet project of mine for quite some time, and I just keep it and going for the collecting community if even it makes me no money.

I had been working on a new version for the last year, but recently shelved the project as I haven't had much time to devote to it.

bradical

Jun 21, 2009
You're missing quite a few Marwin Gonzalez cards, but they are mostly minor league and Venezuelan cards.

Is there a way to add cameos to a checklist?

I really like the site. I need to play around with it.

One of my short term goals is to add a spot for users to add requests for checklist, or even upload a PDF/CSV/XLS checklist to be added to the site. I know there are plenty of sets I am missing that I would love to get added to the site.