Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Notable Callups Thread (2018 Edition)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Tyler O'Neill called up.

[MENTION=3127]Super Mario[/MENTION]

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Don't know where they're going to play him but I'm sure Matheny will manage to get him some time at 2B or something else dumb like he normally does I'm sure.

There is literally NO WAY he can handle second. Dude's a frickin' bodybuilder of a man, and his agility is NOT for the keystone.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Don't know where they're going to play him but I'm sure Matheny will manage to get him some time at 2B or something else dumb like he normally does I'm sure.

After you said this I decided to do some light reading on their plans for utilizing him and apparently they just brought him up for protection, just in case Tommy Pham is injured. Otherwise he'll just be a fifth bench option.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Why prevent him from getting everyday playing time just so you can have him there in case Pham gets injured? Keep him in the minors until he (or any other outfielder) actually does get injured and hits the DL.

Great, so he's really just gonna be a pinch-hitter. I really don't understand the logic behind this. Are they hurting that bad for a power bat off the bench?

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
After you said this I decided to do some light reading on their plans for utilizing him and apparently they just brought him up for protection, just in case Tommy Pham is injured. Otherwise he'll just be a fifth bench option.

That is absolutely ridiculous. Why prevent him from getting everyday playing time just so you can have him there in case Pham gets injured? Keep him in the minors until he (or any other outfielder) actually does get injured and hits the DL.

Great, so he's really just gonna be a pinch-hitter. I really don't understand the logic behind this. Are they hurting that bad for a power bat off the bench?

Pham had some sort of groin issue last night so it wouldn't surprise me if there is some playing time there but they already have Bader and Martinez in the OF hand holding position with the big club. O'Neill should still be in AAA unless he's going to play 3-4 days a week in the majors. Again I'm not looking for logic on any club where Mike Matheny has a hand in determining his roster.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Jesse Biddle added.

A few Phillies' faithful I know are celebrating this news.

Members online