Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
"There was some hope that Acuna could be back in the Braves' lineup as soon as Monday, but it appears his rehab assignment will extend at least through Tuesday; and with a day game for the Braves on Wednesday followed by a team off day, the Braves could easily decide to let him spend a few more days in the minors before bringing him back. When Acuna does return, manager Brian Snitker said he will hit in the middle of the order, according to David O'Brien of The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, as Snitker is pleased with the production he is getting from the top two hitters -- Ender Inciarte and Ozzie Albies -- at the moment."

Thanks for the info. As long as he comes out the gate strong, I can wait a few more days. When the injury first occurred, there was a lot of talk of not seeing him again this season.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Interesting to still see Freeman as the MVP front runner (by such a large lead) on the most recent mlb.com poll

https://www.mlb.com/news/mike-trout-freddie-freeman-lead-mvp-polls/c-282917678

During his recent slump his batting average has dropped 20 points in his last 10 games and during that time he only has one home run & has struck out 15 times. Meanwhile, Nolan Arenado has been killing it yet he trails by over 60 points. Then again, the Rockies aren't really in contention at the moment.

I'm not saying Freeman's slump has been extreme enough to drop him out of the conversation, in fact I still think he's a top 3 candidate, I'm just surprised by the huge lead he holds.

Thanks for the info. As long as he comes out the gate strong, I can wait a few more days. When the injury first occurred, there was a lot of talk of not seeing him again this season.

Yeah, I'd love to get him back...to the Braves and my fantasy team...and see him raking again. Braves could certainly use a boost to their lineup and while my outfield is doing just fine for my fantasy team at the moment, getting him back opens up a DL slot for one of my handful of injured pitchers.

The Rays beat them again today 1-0. Good news for you. Max Scherzer got the loss

I was indeed very happy by the news!

I'll be rooting for your guys again tonight. I hate the Dodgers and they are getting too close to catching up with my other team, the D-Backs