Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I have never witnessed such a horribly played game by the Braves before. So many errors by our defense, pitching giving up hits to the opposing pitcher, soft contact from every single hitter on our team.

It seriously feels like I'm watching one of our minor league teams. Scratch that, none of our minor league teams are this bad.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
With the rise of the tide (Phillies) we are witnessing a sinking ship (Braves).

I think it's just a matter of time before the Braves re-take 1st place in the NL East. Right now the Phillies are playing over their heads (and catching breaks) and the Braves are playing under their abilities. Tonights games were good examples.

The Phillies started a 22 year old rookie pitcher I'd never heard of and he got the win. And 3 guys (Hoskins,Williams,Franco), all age 25 or younger, had 2 home runs each, a 1st in MLB history. The 7 home runs by the Phillies tied a franchise record. This is a nice run by the Phillies but I don't see it lasting, even though Gabe Kapler, Robby Thompson, and staff are doing a great job with these kids.

The Braves didn't look like themselves tonight. Sanchez had one of his worst games of the year. The usual tight Braves defense made 3 ugly errors, and when was the last time Albies and Markakis went hitless on the same night. Where was Swanson? The Braves are due for a winning streak. Maybe Dave Roberts will put in a position player to pitch again, like he did last Sunday in the 16 inning game against the Phillies. Thanks Dave.:D

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I think it's just a matter of time before the Braves re-take 1st place in the NL East. Right now the Phillies are playing over their heads (and catching breaks) and the Braves are playing under their abilities. Tonights games were good examples.

The Phillies started a 22 year old rookie pitcher I'd never heard of and he got the win. And 3 guys (Hoskins,Williams,Franco), all age 25 or younger, had 2 home runs each, a 1st in MLB history. The 7 home runs by the Phillies tied a franchise record. This is a nice run by the Phillies but I don't see it lasting, even though Gabe Kapler, Robby Thompson, and staff are doing a great job with these kids.

The Braves didn't look like themselves tonight. Sanchez had one of his worst games of the year. The usual tight Braves defense made 3 ugly errors, and when was the last time Albies and Markakis went hitless on the same night. Where was Swanson? The Braves are due for a winning streak. Maybe Dave Roberts will put in a position player to pitch again, like he did last Sunday in the 16 inning game against the Phillies. Thanks Dave.:D

Our huge deadline pickup of.................Jonny Venters.........will surely be our savior.

In all honesty I didn't even know this guy was still playing baseball. He was out of baseball from 2013-2017 (I think he ended up having back-to-back TJ surgeries or something like that?) but apparently the Rays picked him up this year and a threw something like 12 IP.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I know I haven't been around much on this thread lately but that's because there has been nothing exciting to talk about and was sick of *****ing.

However, it's quite possible there might be something real exciting to talk about soon. Sean Newcomb has a no-hitter thru 8 IP at the moment. Will he complete it? Will he fail? Tune in to find out...

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Braves need Beltre!!! He is not only a cure for badness, but a cure for boredom.

View attachment 81880
View attachment 81881
View attachment 81882
View attachment 81883
View attachment 81879

No pics of him with Seattle??? What kinda super fan are you!?

I've always liked Beltre and he's headed to Cooperstown for sure...but I dunno how I feel about the Beltre/Braves trade talk. Considering he's 39 years old I don't know how many games he has left in him before he becomes Ichiro & Camargo is silently making a case for himself (2-for-2 with 2 doubles, RBI & run scored tonight). It's possible we could get similar production as Beltre from him for the remainder of the year without giving anything away. The two have have surprisingly comparable offensive & defensive numbers...Beltre makes more consistent contact, as his avg is about 40 points higher, yet they get on-base at a similar clip (Camargo slightly higher OBP) but Camargo hits for more power, as his slg% is roughly 40 points higher & he's got 11 HR vs. Beltre's meager 5. All-in-all, Camargo has an OPS over 50 points higher. The two of them have the exact same dWAR but Camargo has a higher overall WAR (1.8 vs. 1.2). Since Camargo is only 24 years old he could possibly get even better while Beltre may continue to regress.

That and the fact Beltre is making 18 million this year and Camargo costs us almost nothing. Honestly I think picking up Beltre would probably be a mistake but I really do enjoy Beltre's antics and from what I hear, he's a great clubhouse leader so I wouldn't throw a fit if we got him, unless of course it costs us one of our top 100 prospects, particularly one of our starting pitchers, then I'd be mad.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Beltre burned his prime years 26-30 in (old dimension) Safeco Field, which was just death for RHH. Who knows how crazy of numbers he would have if he played elsewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts