Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Our lineup is a force to be reckoned with!!!

Home runs from Suzuki, Acuna, Albies & Markakis

The first six batters in this lineup have an OPS above .900

And Teheran is dealing - 7 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 2 BB, 6 K

All of this equals to an 11-0 Braves lead in the 8th!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
"Acuna's homer left the bat with a 112-mph exit velocity, per Statcast, making it the Braves' hardest-hit ball this season and their third-hardest home run since Statcast began tracking in 2015. The blast was projected to travel 451 feet, tying it for the second-longest Braves homer during that time. Freeman hit one 464 feet in '15."

And this kid just turned 20, imagine how much further the ball will be traveling when he reaches Freeman's age & experience.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I get to see them twice next week when they are here in Tampa. Can't wait!

Awesome! I had been planning to see Acuna's home team debut since the start of the season but I was always assuming he'd get the call 2-3 weeks into the season. I wasn't expecting a struggle in the minors would push him back so unfortunately I won't get to see it, as I won't be able to make it to tomorrow's game. However, I still might be able to make it to one of the weekend games. It'll be really nice to see the Braves live when there is excitement in the air with an all around winning attitude in the clubhouse. It's been a long time since it's been that way.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Awesome! I had been planning to see Acuna's home team debut since the start of the season but I was always assuming he'd get the call 2-3 weeks into the season. I wasn't expecting a struggle in the minors would push him back so unfortunately I won't get to see it, as I won't be able to make it to tomorrow's game. However, I still might be able to make it to one of the weekend games. It'll be really nice to see the Braves live when there is excitement in the air with an all around winning attitude in the clubhouse. It's been a long time since it's been that way.
Yeah hard to believe he hasn't played at home yet. Just makes it even better that the Braves are doing so well since they have been playing on the road a lot. I'm excited to see him obviously but also a lot of the other guys. Curious to see who will pitch on Tuesday and Wednesday next week but I don't think they know for sure yet.

They are the buzz of the league right now and being called the "Baby Braves" but I don't really like that name. Everyone is saying how fun they are to watch which is nice to hear from fans of other teams.

Several people on Blowout are wondering if you still have the Albies stash but you said you sold it right?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Yeah hard to believe he hasn't played at home yet. Just makes it even better that the Braves are doing so well since they have been playing on the road a lot. I'm excited to see him obviously but also a lot of the other guys. Curious to see who will pitch on Tuesday and Wednesday next week but I don't think they know for sure yet.

They are the buzz of the league right now and being called the "Baby Braves" but I don't really like that name. Everyone is saying how fun they are to watch which is nice to hear from fans of other teams.

Several people on Blowout are wondering if you still have the Albies stash but you said you sold it right?

Yeah, there are a lot of exciting players on this team, not just Acuna. Our offense has been great all year long but now our pitching is finally starting to come around and a lot of that, at least recently, can be attributed to our young guns. Newcomb has put together a couple really strong starts in a row, Soroka was fantastic in his debut & Folty has shown improvement since last year too (better ERA, FIP, K/9, K/BB). I wish he could get deeper into games before potentially falling apart but we can still generally count on him giving us 5-6 solid innings. But it's not just the young kids & rookies, our veterans have contributed plenty. We are getting career years from most of them (Markakis, Suzuki, Flaherty, Tucker).

I sold off most of my Albies collection but I still have a BGS 9.5/10 base auto & raw base auto that I'm keeping for the PC. Even though I profited big time I'm really regretting letting them go.

u2me57

Mar 21, 2014
Hendersonville, Tn.
Atlanta looks solid so far this year. Albies and Acuna are awesome. If their young pitchers can hang tough they have a good shot at taking the NL East. Go Phillies!

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Was just looking at tickets for tonight’s game and cheapest ones are about $35 each. Sure it is because of the Ozzie Calrissian bobble head and Acuna’s home debut. Suppose being in 1st doesn’t hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Bautista hits a double in his first at-bat wearing a Braves jersey.

But more importantly, Albies hit a leadoff double, Acuna juuuust missed extra basses but still managed to move Albies to 3rd but it wouldn't end up mattering what base he was standing on cuz Freeman hit a bomb that put the Braves on top 2-0 in the first inning!!!

Members online