Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Acuna likes to look at strike 3 I've noticed.

Who would you say has been the team's MVP up to this point in the season?

For me it comes down to one of two players...Freeman or Albies (Markakis wouldn't be a terrible choice either)...and I'd have to go with Albies. That could of course change throughout the year but I truly believe he's the biggest reason we have the best record in the NL.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
WAR...what is it good for? Why, for ranking Braves players of course! I'll list the top 5 in rWAR & fWAR separately.

Baseball Reference rWAR

Freddie Freeman 2.4 WAR
Nick Markakis 2.2 WAR
Ozzie Albies 2.0 WAR
Sean Newcomb 1.4 WAR
Dansby Swanson 1.3 WAR

Fangraphs fWAR

Freddie Freeman 2.3 WAR
Ozzie Albies 2.2 WAR
Nick Markakis 1.8 WAR
Sean Newcomb 1.1 WAR
Ender Inciarte 1.0 WAR

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Pretty awesome that we already have 3 players with a 2+ WAR this early in the season. That's 3 players on pace for a 7-8 rWAR season & a couple more on pace for a 4-5 rWAR season.

We didn't even have 3 players with 2+ WAR seasons last year. Freeman, Ender & Albies just missed out.

What a difference a year makes.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I dunno what the hell is going on with our offense but we've been the exact opposite of clutch ever since that amazing come from behind victory. Once again we had runners on 2nd & 3rd with nobody out and guess what....nobody scores. It was Swanson again too who failed twice last night. I guess he used up all his magic for that game. We are 0-for-4 with RISP already tonight.

SMH....what a boneheaded play by Swanson. Inning should be over...so 3 runs will probably score. They don't score it an error cuz it had nothing to do with his glove...his head just wasn't in the game. All you had to do was throw to first kid!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
After 3 consecutive hits to start the inning (finally one with a RISP!) our next 3 batters fail to move Markakis past 2nd base making us 1-for-7 with RISP on the night.

With the way this lineup has been failing to produce the last 5 or so games, we REALLY need JT to be lights out tonight. Certainly won't be easy against this incredibly potent Boston lineup.

Members online