Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Well the Cubs are about to loose their 2nd in a row to the Padres! Lester has not won a game since before the All Star Game and his ERA has gone from 2.25 to 3.44. they keep losing to these sh it teams. I give up, They play the Royals next hope they get swept.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Well, at least the Braves take one of the games.

My D-Backs need to kick the crap outta the Phillies now!

Yeah, when his fastball all of a sudden dropped below (or just around) 90 MPH last season his stock dropped significantly. He used to have a plus curveball too but it has almost no break anymore.

Out of all the young guns I've seen this season he looks the worst. So he used to throw harder and now can't hit above 90?

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Out of all the young guns I've seen this season he looks the worst. So he used to throw harder and now can't hit above 90?

Yeah, he was really good in 2016, particularly the postseason. His fastball used to sit around 93-94 & his curveball was a deadly pitch. At that point in time he was ranked as the best left handed pitcher in the minors (I think he was even ranked within the top 20 overall by mlb.com) but then all of a sudden he lost that good curve and the velocity that went with the fastball and became a pitch-to-contact pitcher & his k-rate dropped significantly. His walk rate went up too.

This year and last season his fastball has sat around 88-90 MPH

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Another game, another home run for Acuna.

Unfortunately the Braves lost this one. If Anibal Sanchez wasn't taken out after being hit by a comebacker in the 2nd then it's possible we could have won. Wes Parsons was awful in long relief.

Rabs

Jan 25, 2011
Land O Lakes, FL
Another game, another home run for Acuna.

Unfortunately the Braves lost this one. If Anibal Sanchez wasn't taken out after being hit by a comebacker in the 2nd then it's possible we could have won. Wes Parsons was awful in long relief.

The only way the Nats can beat us is by knocking out our starting pitcher. Happened twice in this series.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts