Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Think Minter is our future closer?

Well, it certainly looks like that's shaping up to be the case & me personally, I trust him more than I do Vizcaino to get the job done. As of right now Minter is 8-for-8 in save opportunities.

Ever since he was in the minors I believe it was the organization's plan all along to eventually make him the closer of our future. I say why wait? Keep him as our closer when Vizcaino returns. Viz hasn't been terrible himself either, in fact he's made 13 straight appearances without giving up a run but he can make some games a little too close for comfort at times, especially when he losses his command. In all honesty I think he'd do well as our set-up man and maybe sometimes we can switch it up in the 9th by giving him save opportunities as well.

It's really the other relief pitchers that worry me the most. There was a time I thought Winkler could be our closer but I have since shot down that belief as he's continued to struggle. Viz & Minter have done a good job this year.

Go Phillies!:D

Would you please advise your team to win less. ;)

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Ummmm....when did Wheeler become this good of a pitcher??? I certainly don't remember him having a 97-99 MPH fastball that hits the corners with a plus breaking ball, killer sinker & elite command.

Some of it has to do with pi$s poor at-bats by a good deal of our hitters tonight but his stuff still looks really good...ace-like stuff. Looking at his overall stats this season you would not think so.

Mets with 4 straight hits against our pitchers with nobody out...we lost this game the moment the Mets scored that 2nd run cuz we ain't getting nothing off Wheeler.

So with this loss, we are now truly behind the Phillies with the same number of losses and a lot less wins. BOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Finally an extra base hit from Freeman!

Freeman hasn't really been "MVFreeman" for awhile now...he still keeps his avg up by hitting enough singles and he draws the occasional walk....but his OPS has suffered cuz when Freeman's on his game, pretty much every other hit is an extra base hit and he's getting on base pretty much every other plate appearance. The Freeman we have now is still better than half 75% of the batters in the league but we need the MVFreeman from 2016/first-half 2017/first couple months this season down the stretch if we want a postseason spot.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Acuna had gone 0-for-7 with 4 k's these last couple games until pounding out a *potentially* game winning RBI single in the 9th!

I say potentially because Minter just gave up a HR to Mesoraco, tying the game once again.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
And there it is...the Marlins tacked on two runs in the 8th and have all but secured the win.

The Phillies are doing it right....if you want to truly contend you have to sweep all the cellar dweller teams like the Marlins & Mets. Just losing one game to one of these teams can make a huge difference in the final outcome of the season. We should have not lost to the Mets yesterday. We has some terrible at-bats in that game...just awful.

Members online

Latest posts