Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Official 2018 Atlanta Braves Season discussion thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
What a spectacular major league debut by Touki (6 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 4 K). They need to find a way to keep him in the rotation! I'm not sure if Allard is currently in our 25-man roster but if so, send him back and keep Touki up.

And man oh man, Ronald Acuna continues to kill it in the leadoff spot post All-Star game (2-for-3 with 2 walks, double, HR, stolen base, 3 runs scored & 3 RBI)

Acuna - .276 avg 16 HR 37 RBI .876 OPS 8 SB (.539 slg% .263 ISO 34 XBH)

Nearly half his hits go for extra bases and that's likely due to his lightning fast bat. It will lead to a lot of missed balls too so at some point he may need to learn to shorten up his swing but as of now at least he's willing to take some walks.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
What about Gausman?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$hit, you're right! Completely forgot about him. Forgot about Touki too (so many possibilities). Okay, my revised hopeful rotation...

1. Folty
2. Newcomb
3. Gausman
4. Soroka
5. Touki

Anibal Sanchez is only signed thru this year and based on how well he's pitched I imagine he'll require a pretty worthwhile multiyear contract...something the Braves would unlikely be willing to do, as they generally haven't in the past with their previous reclamation projects.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
$hit, you're right! Completely forgot about him. Forgot about Touki too (so many possibilities). Okay, my revised hopeful rotation...

1. Folty
2. Newcomb
3. Gausman
4. Soroka
5. Touki

Anibal Sanchez is only signed thru this year and based on how well he's pitched I imagine he'll require a pretty worthwhile multiyear contract...something the Braves would unlikely be willing to do, as they generally haven't in the past with their previous reclamation projects.

Figured you must’ve when you had Sanchez in there. I think it’ll be similar to what happened with Ervin Santana and another team throws more money. Just need a couple of those young guys coming up to pan out.

Will be interesting to see if they unload Julio. Or does he become the #5 starter?

He falls into a similar situation as Ender where they’ll get nothing close to what they could’ve gotten a year or two ago.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Considering both Kyle Wright & Bryse Wilson are in AAA right now & Ian Anderson is tearing it up in AA, we are going to have to make quiet a few decisions next year. It's a good problem to have but some tough choices are gonna have to be made.

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Joins Harry Hooper and Rickey Henderson as only guys to hit lead off homers in both games of a double header

Brady Anderson too.

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
I told you a year ago, when watching this kid play in the minors I knew he had superstar written all over him. You could just see it. Something obvious separated him from the rest of the players in the minors.

That potential I saw in him has come to light much sooner than I had expected and it is fun as hell to watch this kid!

Acuna - .283 avg 17 HR 39 RBI .897 OPS 8 SB

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Looked good after the 1st tonight. Glad he got that DP. Didn’t think he would get through 8 with that 1st inning pitch count.

Members online

Latest posts