Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew April 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Grienke was not long ago at all but I think clubs have really started to rethink big deals since then. Like you mentioned with his injuries I'm not sure Kershaw gets more than a 4 year deal, maybe he does but I think it will be so front loaded with opt out options it might not get that far. Harper and Machado will both get crazy money. I think Stanton money might be unrealistic. Again I think in the past few years the analytics really took hold and started to change the status quo. Maybe I'm wrong and one team will look at each of them as the best of a generation type talent and they all get crazy money but I'm guessing combined they are closer to 650....which is still ridiculous but certainly less than a billion. It's hard to say this year's free agency was so different, maybe it was a sign of things to come or maybe it's just a blip on the radar.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I think I looked at inflation since ARod's contract and for someone to get an equal deal for his $240mil would be around $347 to $350mil. If you look what ARod did compared to Harper there is no comparison, but we will have to see if a team gets needy or feels the heat from someone else in their division.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Grienke was not long ago at all but I think clubs have really started to rethink big deals since then. Like you mentioned with his injuries I'm not sure Kershaw gets more than a 4 year deal, maybe he does but I think it will be so front loaded with opt out options it might not get that far. Harper and Machado will both get crazy money. I think Stanton money might be unrealistic. Again I think in the past few years the analytics really took hold and started to change the status quo. Maybe I'm wrong and one team will look at each of them as the best of a generation type talent and they all get crazy money but I'm guessing combined they are closer to 650....which is still ridiculous but certainly less than a billion. It's hard to say this year's free agency was so different, maybe it was a sign of things to come or maybe it's just a blip on the radar.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Well I'm in complete agreement that the contracts being handed out these days are ridiculous, especially for the guys who are already in their 30's. As a D-Backs fan I'm glad we have Greinke right now but that's only because I'm not the one paying him & I know I'll like having him a lot less in these final couple years of the contract.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
My Fantasy Starters for the night are Justin Verlander & Jack Flaherty.

Flaherty - 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 K
Verlander - n/a

Hoping for another strong start from Verlander. Flaherty is off to a nice start, his fastball and breaking pitch look sharp.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Update

Flaherty - 2 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 4 K
Verlander - 1 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 2 K

Verlander gives up a bomb after striking out the first two & Flaherty gives up a couple hits after striking out the first two. Luckily for Flaherty the Brew Crew made a base running mistake that led to the runner getting thrown out at home and nobody scored

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
Update

Flaherty - 3 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 7 K
Verlander - 2 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 4 K

Lots of K's from my starters! Flaherty struck out the side while giving up a walk & big JV struck out two, while walking one.

Was it as good as Edwin Encarnacions?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

I heard about Edwins but didn't see it with my own eyes so I couldn't say.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts