User Tag List

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Night Crew April 2018

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Personally I'd say it's more of a condiment than an actual meal. I just put it in a salt shaker and sprinkle it over the meats & greens. Gives the meal an extra kick. Opens the nasal passages & clears up sinuses too
    Sounds like a meal that guarantees your shed will be clean 30 minutes later.

I didn't realize that Kershaw could opt out after this season, so Harper + Machado + Kershaw could be on the same market.

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Sounds like a meal that guarantees your shed will be clean 30 minutes later.

I didn't realize that Kershaw could opt out after this season, so Harper + Machado + Kershaw could be on the same market.
    Pinstripes...pinstripes for everyone!!!

But could you imagine the amount of money the 3 of them combined could possibly make? Half a billion is a given...could it possibly reach a BILLION?
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They will all go for big bucks, Kershaw will likely get the least if he opts out due to his age, although the contract will likely be front loaded and massive for a couple years.

Side note,has anyone seen the 2018 Donruss passing the torch dual autos in person? The look kinda boring in the pics I've seen but I like some of the combos,hoping they look better in hand

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bstanwood View Post
    They will all go for big bucks, Kershaw will likely get the least if he opts out due to his age, although the contract will likely be front loaded and massive for a couple years.

Side note,has anyone seen the 2018 Donruss passing the torch dual autos in person? The look kinda boring in the pics I've seen but I like some of the combos,hoping they look better in hand
    Can't say I have. It's been awhile since I've purchased Donruss. Bought a case like 4 years ago (Tanaka/Abreu were the big rookie chases & I believe that was 2014). I never really thought it was a visually appealing product, however they do pack in a lot of value per case. Back when I used to bust cases I always remember doing pretty well with Donruss & Elite Extra Edition. I used to knock (unlicensed) Panini products until I finally did a case of one of their products. It's always a fun break.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Greinke can get $200+ million after his age 31 season I imagine Kershaw could easily get a $250 million contract after his age 30 season, although I'd be cautious as a GM cuz Kershaw hasn't been able to remain healthy for a full season since 2015.

Considering Machado & Harper will only be 26 this offseason their contracts could be massive, depending on how long teams are willing to lock them up for. If Stanton's contract is any indication of what a superstar position player is worth, Harper could be looking at $300-$400 million with Machado a little less ($250 million, maybe?).

The trio might not be able to reach a billion combined, but it'll be pretty close.

Kyouk20
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grienke was not long ago at all but I think clubs have really started to rethink big deals since then. Like you mentioned with his injuries I'm not sure Kershaw gets more than a 4 year deal, maybe he does but I think it will be so front loaded with opt out options it might not get that far. Harper and Machado will both get crazy money. I think Stanton money might be unrealistic. Again I think in the past few years the analytics really took hold and started to change the status quo. Maybe I'm wrong and one team will look at each of them as the best of a generation type talent and they all get crazy money but I'm guessing combined they are closer to 650....which is still ridiculous but certainly less than a billion. It's hard to say this year's free agency was so different, maybe it was a sign of things to come or maybe it's just a blip on the radar.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I looked at inflation since ARod's contract and for someone to get an equal deal for his $240mil would be around $347 to $350mil. If you look what ARod did compared to Harper there is no comparison, but we will have to see if a team gets needy or feels the heat from someone else in their division.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WrestleMania week!

Resident Yadier Molina, and Pro Wrestling super fan.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grienke was not long ago at all but I think clubs have really started to rethink big deals since then. Like you mentioned with his injuries I'm not sure Kershaw gets more than a 4 year deal, maybe he does but I think it will be so front loaded with opt out options it might not get that far. Harper and Machado will both get crazy money. I think Stanton money might be unrealistic. Again I think in the past few years the analytics really took hold and started to change the status quo. Maybe I'm wrong and one team will look at each of them as the best of a generation type talent and they all get crazy money but I'm guessing combined they are closer to 650....which is still ridiculous but certainly less than a billion. It's hard to say this year's free agency was so different, maybe it was a sign of things to come or maybe it's just a blip on the radar.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Well I'm in complete agreement that the contracts being handed out these days are ridiculous, especially for the guys who are already in their 30's. As a D-Backs fan I'm glad we have Greinke right now but that's only because I'm not the one paying him & I know I'll like having him a lot less in these final couple years of the contract.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My Fantasy Starters for the night are Justin Verlander & Jack Flaherty.

Flaherty - 1 IP, 0 ER, 0 H, 0 BB, 2 K
    Verlander - n/a

Hoping for another strong start from Verlander. Flaherty is off to a nice start, his fastball and breaking pitch look sharp.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update

Flaherty - 2 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 0 BB, 4 K
    Verlander - 1 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 2 K

Verlander gives up a bomb after striking out the first two & Flaherty gives up a couple hits after striking out the first two. Luckily for Flaherty the Brew Crew made a base running mistake that led to the runner getting thrown out at home and nobody scored

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correa flashing the 'ol inside-the-park HR

mrmet17
    Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Correa flashing the 'ol inside-the-park HR
    Was it as good as Edwin Encarnacions?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update

Flaherty - 3 IP, 0 ER, 2 H, 1 BB, 7 K
    Verlander - 2 IP, 1 ER, 1 H, 1 BB, 4 K

Lots of K's from my starters! Flaherty struck out the side while giving up a walk & big JV struck out two, while walking one.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Was it as good as Edwin Encarnacions?

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    I heard about Edwins but didn't see it with my own eyes so I couldn't say.

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strikeout #8 for Flaherty!

His slider has been killing 'em softly (with his spinnnnnn)

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast