Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew April 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Earlier today I ended up playing my first US Chess blitz rated tournament... went 3-2. Had the best player beat but lost on time, he had 6 seconds left and I had 0. :( Hopefully will win 5-0 next time.

Forgot to tell a funny story from this-

Round 1 started 30sec earlier than I thought, so I had to quick swig down a pill... ended up choking really bad. Had to play while choking and started really really really bad (misplaying a position on move 4 that Ive been in 500+ times) Real close to just throwing in the towel and waiting for the next round, I was just down a pawn for nothing. What came next was an epic rally for the ages where I kept catching his blunders until he lost at move 30. Amazing!

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Trading for Verlander in the 2nd half of the 2016 season was the sole reason I was able to win the World Series in my Dynasty League. I had such a lousy team and had to win three straight weeks in a row in order just to make the playoffs. Traded Matt Harvey for Verlander & Wainwright & both of them suddenly began pitching like aces again. They gave me just enough points to win the last 3 games and then win all 3 playoff games. Wainwright began to regress towards the end but every single start by Verlander was elite. That was really, really fun.

I've had plenty of offers for JV but he's been my good luck charm. He's staying put. Unfortunately I have not been able to get rid of Wainwright so I just dropped him the moment I heard he was hitting the DL again. At least I can now call up Flaherty again.

JV thru six innings
6 IP, 0 ER, 1 H, 0 BB, 8 K

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Vogelblob gets sent down. :( A better bat to keep on the team than Ichiro but I get why they had to make room for Healy. Your 3B+SS+2B combines for about 400mil in contracts and Vogels glovework at first was starting to give them a hard time. Dont piss off your stars!

When this team tanks Cruz becomes nice trade bait and Blobster becomes DH imo.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
What's crackin? I've been binge buying some Sox rookies and prospects the past couple weeks, got to far ahead of myself ended up with two Mike Shawaryn refractor autos from bowman tonight

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I hear that Jones kid is pretty good, you might have something there.

The auto set is solid (in an era where that wasn't common yet) and had some retired HOFs I think. Also D Update had a good chunk of the Crusades. Remember the Crusade checklist was divided into 4 sets, the highlights on Donruss Update include:

Maddux, Jeter, Glavine, Bonds, Vladdy, Bagwell, Sosa, Sheff, Delgado, Giambi, Big Hurt and Nomo who is rumored to be the most $$$$ still to this day. Maybe Buhner and Bernie+Matt Williams too along with a few busts.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Late 90s donruss really had their stuff on lockdown. Crusades will forever be one of the "it" sets. I'll probably have to inherit a fortune before I can buy the Biggio red, but one can dream. The early donruss auto sets are great as well both in checklist...mostly, and design, simple, crisp and appealing to the eye. I hope there comes a time when they get their license back, I like their new sets but it just lacks that last pop when logos are taken out. Optic has been great the past couple years, would be amazing with logos.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Late 90s donruss really had their stuff on lockdown. Crusades will forever be one of the "it" sets. I'll probably have to inherit a fortune before I can buy the Biggio red, but one can dream. The early donruss auto sets are great as well both in checklist...mostly, and design, simple, crisp and appealing to the eye. I hope there comes a time when they get their license back, I like their new sets but it just lacks that last pop when logos are taken out. Optic has been great the past couple years, would be amazing with logos.

When I opened plain Donruss 98 (hunting for Crusades) I was surprised how many good designs were present. Common inserts such as Ticketmaster, Gold Press Proof, some 1999 video game card, etc. Every card type in the set was amazing looking while still being unique. You could open the packs slower to enjoy without going "base base base base next.... base base base hit" which is kind of how I would open a modern pack.

Members online