Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Tomorrow's Met game exclusively on facebook

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Here is a money grab by MLB. you can only see Noah pitch tomorrow on facebook. Its blacked out on tv
Yikes!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Totally forgot about this until I couldn't find game on the tube.

Dumb idea and if I'm reading it right, they're going to do this for a "Game of Week" every week.

No problem with it being on FBL, but blacking it out on Local broadcasts is just wrong and dumb.

Plus, now everyone has to endure Kruk's inane ramblings.

At least they got a 1.5 hour delay on their first broadcast...

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Its a real kick in the junk for older fans. There chasing the ones who have there phone in there face 24/7. A stupid idea IMO

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Why make the game a Facebook exclusive? I understand baseball wanting to expand their market but why do so at the expense of their current market?

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Why make the game a Facebook exclusive? I understand baseball wanting to expand their market but why do so at the expense of their current market?

the comish has some good ideas and bad ideas, this is one of them

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
No problem with it being on FBL, but blacking it out on Local broadcasts is just wrong and dumb.

there are no local broadcasts of the Facebook live games.

I don't like it because I can't watch it on my MLB.TV app/smart tv. I don't have a button my smart tv to select for Facebook Live streaming events.

Why are they doing it? I bet it involves a ton of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$, more than MLB would get if they just licensed Facebook to rebroadcast one of the normal team rightsholders channels. I can't imagine Facebook is making money or breaking even on the rights fees.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Today's Cards/Brewers game is Facebook only which means i can't watch it at work. That sucks. Not a fan of this move by MLB at all, not that they seem to give a crap what the fans want.

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Today's Cards/Brewers game is Facebook only which means i can't watch it at work. That sucks. Not a fan of this move by MLB at all, not that they seem to give a crap what the fans want.

I think it's weird MLB doesn't make available a full game archive for those that didn't watch it live.

There is a condensed game version available and both radio rightsholders archive FWIW.

Members online

Latest posts