Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Watch me Create a Bryce Harper Bowman Chrome before your Very Eyes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mouschi

Featured Contributor, Bridging the Gap, Senior Mem
May 18, 2012
I had a TON of fun doing this and hope you all enjoy it as well.#@ My friend asked how plates of only 4 colors could be used to create such beautiful full color cards, and I thought I'd run through it on photoshop. Check the video below!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXI8b2B15Eo

Basically, here are the cliff's notes:

I took all the plates I picked up ...

all.jpg

and scanned them into photoshop and set each layer to "darken".

1.jpg

Merging them is a fun mess

2.jpg

How can this ever create something cool?

3.jpg

All lined up and flipped around!

4.jpg

With a chrome border

5.jpg

I really enjoyed seeing all the colors coming together and hope you got a kick out of it too!

bryce2.gif

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Thanks guys! I picked a heckuva year to grab them so far it looks like :)

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
That's very cool! Interesting way to take technology and see how something is created right before your very eyes.

EtherealSOC

Dec 31, 2012
Nova Scotia, Canada
"My friend asked how plates of only 4 colors could be used to create such beautiful full color cards"

I read that and wondered the same, until I considered that the colors - Cyan, Magenta, Yellow, and Black - are the same on my commercial printer, which uses unique mixes of those four colors to create vivid images. Pretty neat.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Need to animate that somehow. I used to have a little program called Animagic that would create animated gifs if you gave it all the individual frames. There's probably a lot smoother tools out there on the net now that let you move things around. Maybe a jQuery script could do it, although I'm not sure about controlling opacity.

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Need to animate that somehow. I used to have a little program called Animagic that would create animated gifs if you gave it all the individual frames. There's probably a lot smoother tools out there on the net now that let you move things around. Maybe a jQuery script could do it, although I'm not sure about controlling opacity.

I'm not sure if you saw it, but I did a rudimentary animated gif at the end of my thread showing each plate, then the plates stacking and finally getting a border.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Great work as usual Tanner with the video, gif, and story. Did you acquire all of the plates at once and did you have to hunt them down individually?

mouschi

May 18, 2012
Great work as usual Tanner with the video, gif, and story. Did you acquire all of the plates at once and did you have to hunt them down individually?

Must have cost a pretty penny!

I actually completed the 2016 Topps Archives Rookie Cup Autograph printing plate run for Canseco on my own. When I posted it, a guy who completed the Harper plate set posted a pic ... totally stole my thunder :) The set originally sold for $7,500 iirc. I ended up getting a GREAT deal before the season started, so I figured I'd pull the trigger as an investment.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I actually completed the 2016 Topps Archives Rookie Cup Autograph printing plate run for Canseco on my own. When I posted it, a guy who completed the Harper plate set posted a pic ... totally stole my thunder :) The set originally sold for $7,500 iirc. I ended up getting a GREAT deal before the season started, so I figured I'd pull the trigger as an investment.

I've never questioned your commitment to your PC.

Members online

Latest posts