Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1993 Pacific Spanish and the problem with 90’s glossy cards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wthalin

Feb 28, 2018
Concord, CA
I need the Girardi, Maddux and probably all the Cubs from this set. Boxes are pretty cheap on eBay. Anyone know if I can anticipate these cards being stuck together and unusable? I bought a 95 pacific box before I think it was and was completely unable to separate them without destroying them even after googling ways to do this. Tried holding them over steam and bending from opposite corners. Anyone have any better techniques for sticky packs?

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I've read (on these forums, I think) that putting the pack/box in the freezer is a trick that's supposed to work. However, it may be different for each old product. Might be worth a shot if you can get your hands on a single pack.

wthalin

Feb 28, 2018
Concord, CA
I've read (on these forums, I think) that putting the pack/box in the freezer is a trick that's supposed to work. However, it may be different for each old product. Might be worth a shot if you can get your hands on a single pack.

Yeah, I think I have tried that too for the 1995 Pacific.

Does anyone know if it is a universal thing for 90's glossy products or does it have to do with how people are storing these boxes? I know I have opened other products and most are stuck but not this bad. Just don't want to get stuck with another box like this.

Members online

Latest posts