Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

*********MORNING THREAD ********

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lonesomeagle1

Aug 7, 2008
Northwest NJ
Morning all

attachment.php

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Haven't even filed yet, but with four kids, we usually get back $5-6,000.

Going right to tuition for next year though.

Ok, maybe one Hobby box...

I don't get how people manage this. We have two kids. My wife is a teacher in Oklahoma, lowest paid in the nation, and I'm not exactly killing it on the paystub but we are lucky to get back $1,000 every year from Federal and we always owe the State with both us paying in at the single rate. We're happy if we break even.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I don't get how people manage this. We have two kids. My wife is a teacher in Oklahoma, lowest paid in the nation, and I'm not exactly killing it on the paystub but we are lucky to get back $1,000 every year from Federal and we always owe the State with both us paying in at the single rate. We're happy if we break even.

my wife was a teacher 36 years NC . I was middle management last 38 years - two different jobs = RETIRED - refuse to help higher do their jobs anymore . One year later several DEMOTED LOL

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
my wife was a teacher 36 years NC . I was middle management last 38 years - two different jobs = RETIRED - refuse to help higher do their jobs anymore . One year later several DEMOTED LOL

I don't remember the details why, but man, did my Dad take a beating on the first couple years of retiring from his FT job...

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Afternoon, I did my taxes last night, like getting beat with a bag of oranges. I owe a comma to the feds and just a smidge to CT. My wife has filed her W4 incorrectly, I know that's the cause but she refuses to let me help, frustrating. At least next year we will lose our D.I.N.K. status, I'm thinking of naming the baby TaxBreak, put in a few of those nonsense pronunciation marks and make it fancy.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Another BS blown save for the Phils. They're not good enough to just toss games away like that. Had same problem early last year too...

Members online

Latest posts