Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Some sellers have no clue...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I came across an auction for a 1990 Wonder Bread Ken Griffey Jr that the seller listed the autograph as AUTHENTIC. I thought I would let the seller know that the autograph was not AUTHENTIC but rather a facsimile.

Here is the seller's reply: "Well FUI I believe u r wrong. Some of those came with auto and some didn't. But everyone has their opinion. CW"

I guess the FU part was intentional...my bad, I was just trying to share some knowledge. For $3.00 and 5 proofs of purchase I could have had a really nice authentic autographed 20 card set.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I came across an auction for a 1990 Wonder Bread Ken Griffey Jr that the seller listed the autograph as AUTHENTIC. I thought I would let the seller know that the autograph was not AUTHENTIC but rather a facsimile.

Here is the seller's reply: "Well FUI I believe u r wrong. Some of those came with auto and some didn't. But everyone has their opinion. CW"

I guess the FU part was intentional...my bad, I was just trying to share some knowledge. For $3.00 and 5 proofs of purchase I could have had a really nice authentic autographed 20 card set.

I thought it was funnier that he said it was number 18 of only 20 made than that he was claiming it is a real auto.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota

Probably the same type of seller that would list their 1991 Fleer cards for $500.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I just got another reply: "I believe it is real, I am going to end auction and have it verified. Then we will all know for sure. CW"

Look, I already know and don't need verification, but whatever floats your Wonder Bread boat...

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
I just got another reply: "I believe it is real, I am going to end auction and have it verified. Then we will all know for sure. CW"

Look, I already know and don't need verification, but whatever floats your Wonder Bread boat...

He told me the same thing when I mentioned there were many more than 20 copies.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
I think FUI is supposed to mean For Your Information. But in his garbled text speak U = ur.

Idiot.

Scott F

K34PuckettAddict

May 28, 2009
Perhaps this Wonger Bread version is actually auto’d. We most likely have the regular “Wonder” Bread versions in our collections... 18 of 20...that’s awesome!

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
One way to see how FOS he is would be to offer him some of your facsimile cards at a good deal. ;) If a base is $1 and the real players auto is $25 I'd sent him some $5 offers for such cards. I think though the more people who write him here is going to trigger him to run and hide.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
One way to see how FOS he is would be to offer him some of your facsimile cards at a good deal. ;) If a base is $1 and the real players auto is $25 I'd sent him some $5 offers for such cards. I think though the more people who write him here is going to trigger him to run and hide.

LOL! Been on other sites and sometimes.....so unnamed members would tell the seller that a site was talking about him or her.....then the fun hits the site! Best regards, David

Members online