Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett's Marketplace is aids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I think when u buy postage from PayPal it's 2.66

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Yeah, definitely purchase postage via paypal. I haven't gone inside a Post Office to ship something in years...possibly a decade. I just don't want to have to ask for $4.00 in S&H for all of the listings I put up on e-bay.

I charge an even $3 these days & I'm losing money even at that. It's $2.66 to ship 1-4 oz. packages but those bubble mailers cost slightly less than a dollar each too.

goobmcnasty

Apr 4, 2014
Yeah, definitely purchase postage via paypal. I haven't gone inside a Post Office to ship something in years...possibly a decade. I just don't want to have to ask for $4.00 in S&H for all of the listings I put up on e-bay.

I charge an even $3 these days & I'm losing money even at that. It's $2.66 to ship 1-4 oz. packages but those bubble mailers cost slightly less than a dollar each too.

I just bought 250 bubble mailers for under $20 shipped. Got here in 2 days via fedex.

Not sure why I’m sharing that information, but it’s really all I have to bring to the table right now.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States

I have no clue where my post office even is.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
But isn't that how you get aids?

Maybe I'm thinking of needles and used condoms...I dunno, I tend to forget these things....

I do....but only because there is a pokestop there. I'm such a dork.
I always wear a condom and rubber gloves when I'm packaging a used bubble mailer

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Sorry I got you "in trouble" with this thread, although inadvertently. My opinion still stands though. Beckett allows their Marketplace sellers to blatantly price gouge and shame on them.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
I don’t actually think Beckett has done much good at all in the history of things. Maybe early on. But they have been obsolete and perversely useless for the last two decades doing little more that pulling in money on the coat tails of a once legitimate, now laughable, reputation.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I don’t actually think Beckett has done much good at all in the history of things. Maybe early on. But they have been obsolete and perversely useless for the last two decades doing little more that pulling in money on the coat tails of a once legitimate, now laughable, reputation.

Pre internet they made the hobby what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016

I haven't used Beckett to check the value of a card or read one of their magazines (do they still make magazines?) in well over a decade, nor have I ever visited their website so my opinion would be the same as yours. However....

Pre internet they made the hobby what it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

...this is also true. Before the turn of the century and during the early days of the internet I would be so excited when receiving my monthly subscription of their magazine in the mail and I'd pay very close attention to the value of cards, read all their articles & loved seeing all the cool pics of cards I had never seen before (no e-bay!), etc. It was a really big deal in my early years of youth. There were other trading card publishing price magazines like Tuff Stuff, etc. but Beckett was always the go-to valuation for me (probably because they greatly inflated the value of cards).

Beckett's grading service is the one thing that has kept them relevant. Tons of people use it and will likely continue to use it for some time.

Members online