Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Beckett's Marketplace is aids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Jesus. I went to buy a bunch of the same card. It came out to $27 for 46 cards from 4 different sellers, all of which regularly sell for $.50 or less per-card. Okay, not bad. Now add shipping... $46 total. Yeah, NO THANKS. What a bunch of a-holes charging $4-$5 shipping for 10-card lots. There should be a Beckett-implemented $2.66 max on shipments under like 25 cards, because it's just price-gouging at this point and it costs them more sales than it's worth. I obviously am not paying $1 per-card for a card that consistently sells for under $.50. What a joke.

Last edited:

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
I almost never purchase from there. Shipping costs are insane. When I do buy from Beckett marketplace, I will buy bulk from burbank to avoid the shipping costs.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Not everybody uses paypal to ship.. you go to the post office, you will be paying at least $3.50 to ship a card.. So if someone is asking $4 it's not out scope..

This isn't the 80's where s&h was included.. so many things have changed with the e-markets..

You go to a physical card shop, you are paying for gas to get there.. sometimes parking, tolls, etc.. do you factor in those costs when you are paying $0.50 for that card.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Is there some secret to this on COMC because I can't ever find commons cheap there. I use sportlots for most of my commons buys for set building.

I think the problem is that since its a good place to buy bulk people buy out every single card of their set (at least thats what I did) so there will be times where it seems empty.

I am done buying atm but check this out guys, a 6 buck Crusade is there. :shock:
https://www.comc.com/Cards/Baseball..._Insert_Crusade_-_Green/95/Alan_Benes/2216528

sportscardtheory

Aug 16, 2008
Buffalo, New York
Not everybody uses paypal to ship.. you go to the post office, you will be paying at least $3.50 to ship a card.. So if someone is asking $4 it's not out scope..

This isn't the 80's where s&h was included.. so many things have changed with the e-markets..

You go to a physical card shop, you are paying for gas to get there.. sometimes parking, tolls, etc.. do you factor in those costs when you are paying $0.50 for that card.

I call BS. I purchased around 100 of said card off sportlots from around 6 sellers and I paid less than $.50 per-card. It's not a postal issue, it's a Beckett Marketplace problem.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I only buy from the marketplace if I can't find the card anywhere else, I rarely buy more than 2-3 cards at a time there anymore, the shipping is high and more often than not I overpay for the card itself

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
I almost never buy from Beckett for two reasons. First is that they seldom have anything I'm looking for. But this could be a me problem since my focus is so narrow. Second is because so many of their sellers keep jacking up the shipping charges. Charging $4.00, $4.50, and even $5.00 to mail a single card? It is simply a way to make a little more money on each sale, and it is indefensible.

I call BS. I purchased around 100 of said card off sportlots from around 6 sellers and I paid less than $.50 per-card. It's not a postal issue, it's a Beckett Marketplace problem.

Last edited:

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
There should be a Beckett-implemented $2.66 max on shipments under like 25 cards
The US Post Office charges a minimum $3.50 now to ship a bubble mailer, even if it's one ounce. That's not including the cost of the bubble mailer, etc.
It sucks, but that's how it is these days.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
The US Post Office charges a minimum $3.50 now to ship a bubble mailer, even if it's one ounce. That's not including the cost of the bubble mailer, etc.
It sucks, but that's how it is these days.
I think when u buy postage from PayPal it's 2.66

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Members online