Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 112

Thread: The HOF Argument for Jake Peavy...

  1. #91
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    8,477
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    To the top again.
    Please never stop bumping this

    Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  2. #92
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,547
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    Please never stop bumping this.
    No problem. Back to the top.

  3. #93
    Member banjar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Lafayette, Colorado
    Posts
    607
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I think Chris is doing well with all this admin bullsh!t lately. Never met the guy, but he is one of the OG's of this website and as far as I can tell he is keeping up his end of the bargain. Definitely better than I would have done in his shoes. I am fairly impulsive and I always think I am right, so I would have said fu*koff to a lot of people by now and banned them, but I would have hurt FCB in the process. Chris doesn't do that. So give the guy a little rope.

    I love FCB and although this board is not good for adding to my collection, I still check in once per day. Because I like it. It's not like blowout, where the second post on every thread is from some a$$hole trying to flame the OP. We talk, we argue, but it's all cool. I mean, for fuc&s sake. These days you can't pull up one youtube video without seeing fascist accusations on the third post down. We don't have that here. I love it. Thanks to everybody for not being total dickhe@ds.

    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    No problem. Back to the top.
    Collecting Roberto Alomar cards. Got rare ones? PM me and let's make a deal!
    Some key cards still on the wantlist:
    1992 Star Promo - 1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promo
    1995 Score Rules Jumbo - 1996 Aficionado First Pitch Preview
    1996 Select Mirror Blue & Gold - 1997 Fleer Ultra Platinum Medallion
    1997 Pinnacle Totally Certified Platinum Gold - 1997 Topps Stars All-Stars
    1997 Score Platinum and Premier Club Teams - 1998 Bowman's Best Atomic

  4. #94
    Senior Member WCTYSON's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    6,547
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To the tip top.
    There's a horse loose in the hospital

  5. #95
    Senior Member joey12508's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Winterfell
    Posts
    10,573
     joey_baseball
     joey12524
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Collecting is a way at least for me to get away from all the crap thats going on. Sad the crap was behind a attempt to mock someone's card collecting.

  6. #96
    Administrator phillyfan0417's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    36,449
     tse-investments
     phillyfan0417
    Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joey12508 View Post
    Collecting is a way at least for me to get away from all the crap thats going on. Sad the crap was behind a attempt to mock someone's card collecting.
    It was...unfortunately the OP deleted his posts after attempting to pretend that wasn't his intention.
    "A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject."
    --Winston Churchill

  7. #97
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,093
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peavy's house making news...

    https://www.al.com/expo/life-and-cul...ur-of-jak.html


    House has better odds of making HOF???

  8. #98
    Senior Member AnthonyCorona's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Modesto, CA
    Posts
    8,477
     Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JVHaste View Post
    Peavy's house making news...

    https://www.al.com/expo/life-and-cul...ur-of-jak.html


    House has better odds of making HOF???
    Done!

    Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

  9. #99
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,386
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...shattered-life

    Uhhh...Mr. Peavy doesn't seem to be doing so hot financially by other accounts. One might say he was duped.

    Regardless of your personal feelings for Peavy, or more importantly the partisan lunatic who decided it was prudent to make the Baseball Section a free-for-all, I tip my cap to him for being a family man above all else. He's a terrible pitcher, just horrible. But he seems like a man of integrity and there's a lot to be said for that. The same can't be said for the little guy who gets his jollies off by puffing his chest out on a baseball card forum.

  10. #100
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    25,503
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...shattered-life

    Uhhh...Mr. Peavy doesn't seem to be doing so hot financially by other accounts. One might say he was duped.

    Regardless of your personal feelings for Peavy, or more importantly the partisan lunatic who decided it was prudent to make the Baseball Section a free-for-all, I tip my cap to him for being a family man above all else. He's a terrible pitcher, just horrible. But he seems like a man of integrity and there's a lot to be said for that. The same can't be said for the little guy who gets his jollies off by puffing his chest out on a baseball card forum.
    As usual, you have posted so many lies, I have to number my responses correcting you.

    1. He has about $30+ million available currently, including $10M in just his "house" that he opens for public use.

    2. He was NOT "terrible, just horrible". He won the Cy Young Award in 2008. One of only 12 pitchers to win the "Pitchers Triple Crown" in baseball history. Won 2 WS and was considered pivotal for the Sox.

    3. No one is "puffing his chest out" just letting everyone see your pathetic tactics instead of deleting them as you asked.

    4. I don't even player collect him, just trying to corner the entire print run of one of his low numbered cards /25.

    But good job confirming your AH status even further!
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

  11. #101
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,386
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    As usual, you have posted so many lies, I have to number my responses correcting you.

    1. He has about $30+ million available currently, including $10M in just his "house" that he opens for public use.

    2. He was NOT "terrible, just horrible". He won the Cy Young Award in 2008. One of only 12 pitchers to win the "Pitchers Triple Crown" in baseball history. Won 2 WS and was considered pivotal for the Sox.

    3. No one is "puffing his chest out" just letting everyone see your pathetic tactics instead of deleting them as you asked.

    4. I don't even player collect him, just trying to corner the entire print run of one of his low numbered cards /25.

    But good job confirming your AH status even further!
    My post wasn't directed at you and I'm not going to entertain your childish temper tantrums in this forum.

    With regard to debate about actual baseball topics, Jake Peavy had one tremendous season. The rest of his career is essentially the definition of "mediocre at best".

  12. #102
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Near Philly, PA
    Posts
    25,503
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by homerun28aa View Post
    My post wasn't directed at you and I'm not going to entertain your childish temper tantrums in this forum.

    With regard to debate about actual baseball topics, Jake Peavy had one tremendous season. The rest of his career is essentially the definition of "mediocre at best".
    Correcting you is a "childish tantrum"?

    Why not just post actual facts or sound logic instead and then I wouldn't have to continually correct you?
    Don't forget to use the FCB Link when buying on eBay!

  13. #103
    Senior Member homerun28aa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    15,386
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gt2590 View Post
    Correcting you is a "childish tantrum"?

    Why not just post actual facts or sound logic instead and then I wouldn't have to continually correct you?
    Maybe before talking about facts or correcting other people you should look inward. Jake Peavy's outlier season when he won the Cy Young was in 2007...not in 2008 when he went 10-11...

  14. #104
    Senior Member MrMet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Poconos
    Posts
    10,256
     mrmet17
    Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good god can someone lock this thread?


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  15. #105
    Senior Member JVHaste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    2,093
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrMet View Post
    Good god can someone lock this thread?

    I vote fight to the death. Its the FCB way.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rds0yxfd2dy7ah1ynn3f.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	70.4 KB 
ID:	82442

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •