Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Great Pujols Article.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
10 hits to go.

Wow. That's two awesome articles from ESPN in about a month. Are they actually turning it around and going back to journalism?

Last edited:

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
First player to enter the HOF, that has a 1st BC auto?

View attachment 79336

I can say with near certainty that it will be him. Most of his next closest competitors; Joe Mauer (2002 BC), David Wright (2002 BC), Felix Hernandez (2004 BC) may take a little longer to retire (well, Wright may be done for pretty soon) & will spend many years on the HOF ballot *if* they make it at all. Albert Pujols is a no-doubt first year inductee. Justin Verlander (2005 BC) might also be a first year ballot inductee if he continues to pitch the way he has & reaches the 3,000 strikeout mark but he'll likely retire after Pujols does.

The reason I say "near" certainty is because something completely unexpected could happen like Kershaw having a freak career ending injury before Pujols retires. I feel that Kershaw has already put together a first ballot HOF career (similar to Koufax) so in a case like that, Kershaw would be the first player with a BC auto to make it to the Hall.

Members online