Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What boxes would you want to open for nostalgia?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BenG76

May 15, 2013
Fancy Gap, VA
I'd love to open up another box of 1993 Finest sometime!
Around 1996, I saved up and went in with a friend on a box of '93 Finest. He was a big McGwire guy so the deal was we'd split the packs evenly, but he'd get all the McGwires and I'd get all the Thomases. I think we ended up with 1 McGwire, 1 Thomas, and 1 refractor that was in one of my packs...it was John Franco.

I'd also love to get another box of 1996 Select Certified. (Currently working on getting a box for a decent price.) I bought one in the early 2000s and it was a lot of fun opening those to chase the mirrors...I ended up with a Jason Kendall mirror blue. If I get my mitts on another one, I may take a page from [MENTION=10018]BenG76[/MENTION] and open 1 pack per day. Or maybe 1 every time the Royals win - but that could take a couple of seasons to get through the box. :lol:

Where's the Like button. LOL

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
1985 Topps Rack Packs.
When I was younger, I would buy cards with earnings from odd jobs but never would buy a whole box. As a high school kid I convinced my parents that I wanted cards for Christmas and they bought a couple boxes. These were the first full boxes I broke.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
As a high school kid I convinced my parents that I wanted cards for Christmas and they bought a couple boxes.
Sometime in 1993, I helped my dad re-roof our house and all I asked for was some packs of 1993 Bowman. I can't remember how many he got me, but it was worth it!!!

hudsonfan15

Aug 22, 2010
2004 SO Game Used baseball has yielded some of my favorite cards in my collection. 2005 Absolute Memorabilia Update as a close second.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I just bought a whole bunch of 1999/2000 UD boxes to try and pull a APOH 500 homerun or APOH 3000 hit auto card. I know the odds are tiny but giving it a flier.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
1994-96 Fleer base brands were fun rips. An insert in every pack with some neat designs was a lot of fun.

I was at a shop a couple weeks ago (Hooterville outside Cincy, thanks for the recommendation) that has a bunch of old wax. I was sorely tempted by a box of 1992-93 Stadium Club basketball for $20, IIRC. It was series 1, but I couldn't recall if the Shaq cards and Beam Teams were in there or S2. Pulling a Beam Team, preferably Jordan or Shaq but really any or even a First Day would be super sweet.

And there's a shop in San Antonio that has a bunch of old wax. Nothing really great, but the variety is impressive at this point. I bought a box of 1999 Skybox EX-Centrury or whichever it is. Haven't opened it yet but I'm getting close.

And I have a bunch of 2004 Elite Extra Edition boxes sitting around. I'm probably finally going to sell them but I think about ripping them for Tuiasosopo or Einertson autos.

Members online