cardboardconglomerate
     jaypers413
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Question Blowout Will Pay You $100,000 For This Card

You guessed it -

The Ohtani Super Auto. (Just tweeted by Topps).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ohtani_Super_Auto.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	79393

The fine print - it must grade 9.5 or 10.

Here's the story - https://www.blowoutcards.com/blog/bl...-bowman-boxes/

Discuss.
    Last edited by Jaypers; 05-11-2018 at 11:05 AM.
    J.P.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaypers View Post
    You guessed it -

The Ohtani Super Auto. (Just tweeted by Topps).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ohtani_Super_Auto.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	52.0 KB 
ID:	79393

The fine print - it must grade 9.5 or 10.

Here's the story - https://www.blowoutcards.com/blog/bl...-bowman-boxes/

Discuss.
    Cheapskates. I'd take no less than 145 million dollars.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They must have a standing offer for ~$150,000 then...

bmaaaaaaac
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back in my day superfractors actually had superfractor pattern backgrounds. That just looks like a light gold background.
    Randy Johnson Collector!! 5,293 Unique Cards & Counting.
    https://sportscardalbum.com/u/bigunitcards

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If his base autos end up selling for $1k or more then $65k is actually a lowball over. You'd assume it would have an estimated value around $100k, although realistically it would probably sell for $80-90k.

However, if you pulled this card and were going to sell it on e-bay, there would be a hefty amount of fees you'd have to pay in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by bigunitcards View Post
    Back in my day superfractors actually had superfractor pattern backgrounds. That just looks like a light gold background.
    They still looked like superfractors last year...but you are right, that does not look like a superfractor.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not much time to make this happen. Pull card, send for grading, get the minimum grade needed and deliver to Blowout in under 3 weeks time.

corockies
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This isn't an eBay card. If you get lucky enough to pull this, your best bet is to drive/fly to Dallas and get an on site grade, then proceed to contact one of the big sports card auction houses to generate huge press on it, and make sure it's open to international bidders. The fees associated with an auction house are high, but an international payment is much more likely, and you wouldn't have to do any of the legwork to get a guaranteed payment. Easily a 6 figure card.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by matfanofold View Post
    They must have a standing offer for ~$150,000 then...
    Try a few $million. Already planned for reinsertion, I'm sure. Why else pay $60k?

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by corockies View Post
    This isn't an eBay card. If you get lucky enough to pull this, your best bet is to drive/fly to Dallas and get an on site grade, then proceed to contact one of the big sports card auction houses to generate huge press on it, and make sure it's open to international bidders. The fees associated with an auction house are high, but an international payment is much more likely, and you wouldn't have to do any of the legwork to get a guaranteed payment. Easily a 6 figure card.
    Yeah, this is the way most knowledgeable buyers/sellers would go but I imagine the fees would be similar to e-bay (I honestly have no clue what sort of fees auction houses charge) but even at 10-15%, assuming this card does sell for $100k+, you'd get more money that route than if you were to sell it to BO cards.

I believe Blowoutcards is hoping someone who isn't aware of it's true value & doesn't really sell cards much or prospect ends up pulling it & ends up taking the easy money. By doing this BO gets both advertising and will probably sell more cases/boxes of 2018 Bowman but it's also likely they have a buyer lined up who is willing to pay much more than $65k. It's ALSO likely they plan to put together another one of those products where they include graded cards from various Bowman/prospecting products and mark up the price substantially (I forgot what they are called but I remember when it was the latest trend 3-4 years ago. A lot of people hated the idea. I remember when a member on BO put together their own and there was a bunch of corruption involved that stirred $hit up). A card like that Ohtani would be a HUGE chase hit that would sell a lot of wax.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

tigger0007
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has one auto in English and one in Japanese! Does he have a superfractor in Japanese auto?? Best regards, David
    Losted in Space, on Gilligian's island without a boat, can't get back into Narnia, struck in a time machine!

corockies
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Yeah, this is the way most knowledgeable buyers/sellers would go but I imagine the fees would be similar to e-bay (I honestly have no clue what sort of fees auction houses charge) but even at 10-15%, assuming this card does sell for $100k+, you'd get more money that route than if you were to sell it to BO cards.

I believe Blowoutcards is hoping someone who isn't aware of it's true value & doesn't really sell cards much or prospect ends up pulling it & ends up taking the easy money. By doing this BO gets both advertising and will probably sell more cases/boxes of 2018 Bowman but it's also likely they have a buyer lined up who is willing to pay much more than $65k. It's ALSO likely they plan to put together another one of those products where they include graded cards from various Bowman/prospecting products and mark up the price substantially (I forgot what they are called but I remember when it was the latest trend 3-4 years ago. A lot of people hated the idea. I remember when a member on BO put together their own and there was a bunch of corruption involved that stirred $hit up). A card like that Ohtani would be a HUGE chase hit that would sell a lot of wax.
    Prospect Rush - was a gigantic fiasco with the Kris Bryant auto. Superfractor. Dude made out like a bandit, left a lot of salty gamblers (I can't call those people collectors) in his wake.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    eBay fees are capped at $250 w a store. eBay does reach international as well. I am not saying a Heritage auction would not bring $$$, but you also have to factor that their large auctions are scheduled a long time in advance. Meaning a lot can go good or bad in those months with the market.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could just be marketing ploy to sell more cases...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bmp1971 View Post
    Could just be marketing ploy to sell more cases...
    I agree with this. They may already have the superfractor and are keeping it quiet while at the same time creating hype to artificially inflate case prices to get rid of their remaining inventory.
    Wanting to buy '96 Select Certified Mirror Gold baseball...commons & stars

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Letch77 View Post
    I agree with this. They may already have the superfractor and are keeping it quiet while at the same time creating hype to artificially inflate case prices to get rid of their remaining inventory.
    Yep, cuz once it hits, regardless if they know about it or not, sales will drop in a big way

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast