Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm working on getting you guys more people to talk to.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
To get more discussion it would help to come up with some basic ideas that are easy discussion fodder and relatively simple to produce:

Some ideas
1) cardboard hot list
2) team rankings
3) future HOF poll (pick a player and discuss the merits of their HOF candidacy
4) collector spotlight

Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Some ideas
1) "thanks Topps" cardboard hot list
2) team rankings: why your fave wont be winning the WS
3) future HOF poll (pick a fringe player and insult those who collect him)
4) collector spotlight: calculate how much $ they have lost by not selling sooner
5)bundt cake recipes
6)more cowbell
Etc

fixed

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
5) bundt cake recipes

...and more cowbell

I was at a child birth class with my wife last night and the woman teaching says it's very common for women giving birth to run a fever. I leaned over and whispered to my wife "I'll make sure to bring a cowbell for that fever.". It was one of those moments where she wanted to laugh but didn't want to encourage me.

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
To get more discussion it would help to come up with some basic ideas that are easy discussion fodder and relatively simple to produce:

Some ideas
1) cardboard hot list
2) team rankings
3) future HOF poll (pick a player and discuss the merits of their HOF candidacy
4) collector spotlight

Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

We have had all these. It’s been difficult to get people to commit.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
That isn't something I can do.

I can keep the website running.

I can keep it promoted. I'm not a very good writer. I have tried in the past but it never holds up.

Its not entirely on you to have content worth reading but there are other boards that attract collectors and sadly this place is no longer at the top of many "must see" lists anymore. This place has been up and running nearly 10 years now and early on it was the place to be but sadly many were run off by the asshats who felt it was their place to police grammar, spelling and any number of other issues. I would love to see FCB return to it's previous glory but sadly, others have taken it's place. I may be the lone voice in the wilderness when I say that FCB's time has come and gone and it will always now be "that place I used to go to allot". When the front page of the most popular board on this web site still has posts from two days previous, it is obvious to anyone who drops in for a visit that there is not much going on here and certainly not much to read.

I Know I may be stepping on toes when I say this but FCB is a great little coffee shop to hang out in and see some old friends but it will never be a Starbucks.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
I appreciate what you are saying.

What you are saying has merit.

I just don't like it.

I Am glad you took it in the spirit it was meant. I dont like it either as this board has always been a great place to come to and I hope it does return to it's former glory. I am more than willing to help in any way I can. I have not written anything in the last year or two as I returned to school and work a 60 hour a week job which has left little time for anything else but I will do my best to add some content going forward.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
We should have more "eBay buyer to block" threads, those are ALWAYS great.

I'll say this, FCB obviously doesn't have the traffic BO does, but I think it's much better people (excluding myself, D2R and all Jake Peavy collectors) and FAR less drama. I would like to see more new people but I like quality over quantity.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Members online

Latest posts