Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I'm working on getting you guys more people to talk to.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mchenrycards

Featured Contributor, Vintage Corner, Senior Membe
We should have more "eBay buyer to block" threads, those are ALWAYS great.

I'll say this, FCB obviously doesn't have the traffic BO does, but I think it's much better people (excluding myself, D2R and all Jake Peavy collectors) and FAR less drama. I would like to see more new people but I like quality over quantity.

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

I dont disagree with you. I rarely, if ever go to BO as that place is generally a cesspool of craziness and at my age I dont need that! With the exception of Net54 I think places like Facebook groups and other such places have taken over where message boards used to be. The Net54 guys are just too old and cranky to join social media!

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
I'm the old type find a group you like and don't change . Never been to the other open boards only in ONE private group . Sorry I don't add much but in MT , I do read many other post . BTW ; LMK if in area during season I'll try to get tickets for local team for you - I won't sit with you long LOL

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
This thread's title made me think Chris wanted us all to speak to a shrink.

Which isn't a bad idea, mind you.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Tramers needs to talk to some of the Crawdads and see if they would like to share their perspective of what it's like to work towards the MLB starting with the minors..

How many cards are they given to sign when Bowman/Topps comes calling...

(I remember when a certain Yankee/Twins Pitcher was a member on a board and showed all the cards Upper Deck sent him to sign..)

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
Tramers needs to talk to some of the Crawdads and see if they would like to share their perspective of what it's like to work towards the MLB starting with the minors..

How many cards are they given to sign when Bowman/Topps comes calling...

(I remember when a certain Yankee/Twins Pitcher was a member on a board and showed all the cards Upper Deck sent him to sign..)
Not many get cards here in low "A" and never see them giving out cards local . I give their parents cards that don't have which is common . With all the changes not sure what will happen later - Rangers bought team . Last night one player was talking with an agent -- didn't have one - we had invited out for supper- did take another out. We are limited at what / when we can do things with players . Most our team will sign regular - pitchers might not come over . We host two this year . They have a teacher to help with basic English . I think we had four players that had Bowman last year . Years ago Some players had G/F's help sign cards . I did see one trash can full of cards players didn't sign and another TTM NOT returned ..

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
BTW ; some players only make $1000 . a month and pay expenses out of that . at least 4 to apartments . Apartments are empty so beds / lamps always needed . I furnished TP and towels when I worked

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
BTW ; some players only make $1000 . a month and pay expenses out of that . at least 4 to apartments . Apartments are empty so beds / lamps always needed . I furnished TP and towels when I worked

If that.. I saw a behind the scenes with minor leaguers and most get about $800-1000 a month except for the ones that get drafted and get a bonus..

One of my old bosses had his son drafted about 10 years ago, and the road to the majors is very difficult..

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
25 years only 155 have made majors from here . Bonuses will buy some a fancy car . Several got big time bonus in past .

Members online