Thread: Topps Living Set running thread

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I got mine in. They are in good shape.
    Check out the FCB Community Sports Card Podcast
    Wanna host? PM Me! We would love to have YOU on the podcast.

zc3009
    Mentioned
    301 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Did anyone else get the same message I received from twinsjake this morning?

I finished processing on these Living set cards, unfortunately the quality received from Topps is not up to par with the quality of card suitable for customer distribution. As a result there will regrettably be a delay while I send these back to Topps for replacement. They are very good about correcting their mistakes, it just takes time. Last Living cards I had replaced took about 2 weeks. Hoping for a similar turnaround this time. Speaking to my Topps rep again on Monday. You will receive it as soon as possible. Any questions or concerns I can help with please don't hesitate. I can't attach a picture every single message, 1 at a time, over and over so here's a link to a tweet I made showing the poor quality. https://twitter.com/TwinsJake/status/998210387110760448
    From what I've read over on Blowout, there have been some quality issues with the Living set cards. I got some Topps Now RTOD sets in and three sets had damaged cards in them.
    [CENTER]Signed Allen and Ginter Collector

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cgilmo View Post
    Nice. Off to BGS?

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WCTYSON View Post
    Nice. Off to BGS?
    Some of them.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Senior Member death2redemptions's Avatar
     ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I got the same message over the weekend. I was hoping to get them before the BGS group sub but that is not going to happen.
    I'm just a little worried because I purchased mine on April 26th and he accepts returns up to 30 days after purchase which means I only have up until May 26th to request a refund but it will obviously take longer than that if Topps actually replaces damaged cards from this set.

From what I'm hearing this guy is a reputable seller so I'm assuming he'll still refund our purchase after that date if Topps doesn't replace them.

Honestly, I don't care about the money, it's just $25. I'd rather have the cards. I'm just wondering, how will Topps replace them if they were a print to order set? Will they actually make more? I haven't heard of Topps doing something like that before.

I guess you get priority over everyone else who purchased from him

Since yours are in good shape

Quote Originally Posted by clarkzac View Post
    From what I've read over on Blowout, there have been some quality issues with the Living set cards. I got some Topps Now RTOD sets in and three sets had damaged cards in them.
    And will Topps actually replace them as twinsjake claims they will?
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hes on Twitter. @twinsjake hes very trustworthy

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He’s on Twitter. @twinsjake he’s very trustworthy

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app
    Yeah, I wouldn't request a refund unless he told me he can't get them. I'm just curious about Topps and if they'll actually replace damaged cards or not.
    Look, I'm gonna be honest with you. I really need a job. And I will take any position, as long as it doesn't involve having sex with old ladies for money or bear traps. Those are my two bugaboos. While mulling over my resume feel free to check out my baseball card collection, it's small and simple, kinda like me - >>>>> http://s822.photobucket.com/user/JDf...ds%20n%20stuff

Bwoodcollector
     @anthonyscorona
    Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I got the same message over the weekend. I was hoping to get them before the BGS group sub but that is not going to happen.
    PSA those!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk
    Please note: Card collecting is my hobby, not my life. I don't take it that serious and like to keep it fun.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hes on Twitter.............hes very trustworthy
    Famous last words.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyCorona View Post
    PSA those!
    I've never done a sub with them but I'll look into it, I've always used BGS but mainly for chromes and chrome autos.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by death2redemptions View Post
    Yeah, I wouldn't request a refund unless he told me he can't get them. I'm just curious about Topps and if they'll actually replace damaged cards or not.
    Topps has been printing and shipping out replacements for every one of the cards in the set so far. Condition has been a huge issue since card #1. People are sending damaged cards back and getting replacements like crazy.

Of course, none of us has any real idea what Topps is doing with all of the extras that are being sent back. Since it's Topps, I'm predicting that within the next couple of months we see plenty of Living cards "backdoored" and for sale on ebay. Of course, Topps will quickly claim that they figured out that it was just one rogue employee who was doing this. He will immediately be fired (according to Topps). Topps will never address the issue again.
    Last edited by gmarutiak; 05-22-2018 at 01:28 PM.

fcbsportscards
    Mentioned
    539 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gmarutiak View Post
    Topps has been printing and shipping out replacements for every one of the cards in the set so far. Condition has been a huge issue since card #1. People are sending damaged cards back and getting replacements like crazy.

Of course, none of us has any real idea what Topps is doing with all of the extras that are being sent back. Since it's Topps, I'm predicting that within the next couple of months we see plenty of cards "backdoored" and for sale on ebay. Of course, Topps will quickly claim figure out that it was just one rogue employee who was doing this. He will immediately be fired. Topps will never address the issue again.
    fired employee will then don a costume mustache and get rehired as Jim in product development.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

ddavisaz
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gmarutiak View Post
    This is good to hear. Well, not the condition issues but the fact that they send back replacements.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another site, multiple people are posting that they contacted Topps about replacements (not just for Acuna, but for other Living cards as well) and Topps has informed them that they will receive their replacement cards but they do not need to send back any of the original, damaged cards.

I guess this means the stated print runs on Topps Living cards are not exactly accurate. Oh, Topps!

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody here going after the Albies RC's?

https://www.topps.com/living-set/liv...ie-albies.html

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast