Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Living Set running thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
I got 5. All are excellently centered. Very pleased with them!

Very nice. Going after any others this season? Perhaps Torres, if/when that happens?

I ordered from the same guy too & haven't received a shipping notification as of yet.

It shows my estimated delivery as May 18-May 25

Same as mine and of this morning they still have not been posted as shipped.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Did anyone else get the same message I received from twinsjake this morning?

I finished processing on these Living set cards, unfortunately the quality received from Topps is not up to par with the quality of card suitable for customer distribution. As a result there will regrettably be a delay while I send these back to Topps for replacement. They are very good about correcting their mistakes, it just takes time. Last Living cards I had replaced took about 2 weeks. Hoping for a similar turnaround this time. Speaking to my Topps rep again on Monday. You will receive it as soon as possible. Any questions or concerns I can help with please don't hesitate. I can't attach a picture every single message, 1 at a time, over and over so here's a link to a tweet I made showing the poor quality. https://twitter.com/TwinsJake/status/998210387110760448

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014

I finished processing on these Living set cards, unfortunately the quality received from Topps is not up to par with the quality of card suitable for customer distribution. As a result there will regrettably be a delay while I send these back to Topps for replacement. They are very good about correcting their mistakes, it just takes time. Last Living cards I had replaced took about 2 weeks. Hoping for a similar turnaround this time. Speaking to my Topps rep again on Monday. You will receive it as soon as possible. Any questions or concerns I can help with please don't hesitate. I can't attach a picture every single message, 1 at a time, over and over so here's a link to a tweet I made showing the poor quality. https://twitter.com/TwinsJake/status/998210387110760448

Yes, I got the same message over the weekend. I was hoping to get them before the BGS group sub but that is not going to happen.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

From what I've read over on Blowout, there have been some quality issues with the Living set cards. I got some Topps Now RTOD sets in and three sets had damaged cards in them.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Yes, I got the same message over the weekend. I was hoping to get them before the BGS group sub but that is not going to happen.

I'm just a little worried because I purchased mine on April 26th and he accepts returns up to 30 days after purchase which means I only have up until May 26th to request a refund but it will obviously take longer than that if Topps actually replaces damaged cards from this set.

From what I'm hearing this guy is a reputable seller so I'm assuming he'll still refund our purchase after that date if Topps doesn't replace them.

Honestly, I don't care about the money, it's just $25. I'd rather have the cards. I'm just wondering, how will Topps replace them if they were a print to order set? Will they actually make more? I haven't heard of Topps doing something like that before.

I got mine in. They are in good shape.

I guess you get priority over everyone else who purchased from him :D

Since yours are in good shape

From what I've read over on Blowout, there have been some quality issues with the Living set cards. I got some Topps Now RTOD sets in and three sets had damaged cards in them.

And will Topps actually replace them as twinsjake claims they will?

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
Yeah, I wouldn't request a refund unless he told me he can't get them. I'm just curious about Topps and if they'll actually replace damaged cards or not.

Topps has been printing and shipping out replacements for every one of the cards in the set so far. Condition has been a huge issue since card #1. People are sending damaged cards back and getting replacements like crazy.

Of course, none of us has any real idea what Topps is doing with all of the extras that are being sent back. Since it's Topps, I'm predicting that within the next couple of months we see plenty of Living cards "backdoored" and for sale on ebay. Of course, Topps will quickly claim that they figured out that it was just one rogue employee who was doing this. He will immediately be fired (according to Topps). Topps will never address the issue again.

Last edited:

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
Topps has been printing and shipping out replacements for every one of the cards in the set so far. Condition has been a huge issue since card #1. People are sending damaged cards back and getting replacements like crazy.

Of course, none of us has any real idea what Topps is doing with all of the extras that are being sent back. Since it's Topps, I'm predicting that within the next couple of months we see plenty of cards "backdoored" and for sale on ebay. Of course, Topps will quickly claim figure out that it was just one rogue employee who was doing this. He will immediately be fired. Topps will never address the issue again.

fired employee will then don a costume mustache and get rehired as Jim in product development.

Sent from my iPad using Freedom Card Board mobile app

gmarutiak

Jul 23, 2010
Baltimore, MD
On another site, multiple people are posting that they contacted Topps about replacements (not just for Acuna, but for other Living cards as well) and Topps has informed them that they will receive their replacement cards but they do not need to send back any of the original, damaged cards.

I guess this means the stated print runs on Topps Living cards are not exactly accurate. Oh, Topps!

Members online