Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebays BIN is starting to SUCK.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
I respectfully disagree. I'm primarily a buyer on eBay and I tend to pay for my items within a day of purchase...really two days at most. I've definitely heard many, many others complain about this feature but I don't understand it. If you are hitting the BIN price the obvious expectation is you should pay in a timely manner. If you need a day or two to pay - for whatever reason - I would assume if you have good feedback you can message the seller and work with them. But I think as another poster said, for every honest buyer who hits the BIN, has every intention of paying in a timely manner and unfortunately winds up getting screwed, there are probably a dozen eBayers who would previously hit the BIN just to ensure the card is theirs IF they decide to pay. With eBay policy generally being so partial towards buyers, not even allowing sellers to leave buyers negative feedback, I think it's fair to at least give sellers the option of requiring immediate payment for BINs. Just my opinion
You usually only buy Jake Peavy cards so there's only one person you're in competition with for BINs, you could probably not pay immediately and not worry about someone else getting it

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
The only thing I don't like about is I can't look for additional items to add to my order. If I buy something I always check if the seller has other items I may want. Since I pay right away I lose out on combined shipping so now I don't even bother looking.

Beat me to it! I was reading this thread waiting for someone to mention the worst part of having to pay a BIN right away.

I'm primarily a buyer, and I always pay quick, but I also always look to see if I can add items onto my order from the same seller. I only do so knowing I'll get combined shipping, which most sellers have set so that it has to be in the same purchase.

I get the sellers points about losing out of a buyer doesn't pay, but that's a rarity I would have to think. Having to pay right away for a BIN I believe is actually COSTING sellers money due to the lack of adding on IMO. I know I add on waaaaaay less than I used to nowadays.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Gjb70

Aug 1, 2015
I always pay immediately so when I sell it annoys me when buyers don’t. My biggest peeve is when someone makes an offer and I accept then they wait a week to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

yankeesinthews

Oct 18, 2016
There's a lot of clowns on ebay that tied up BIN and auctions for 1000's of dollars worth of cards and then pick and choose the one's they want to pay for, makes sense if you end a listing you need to pay right away. The multiple items thing is very valid though, maybe they need to have a 30 minute grace period.

Jul 22, 2016
It’s just like any other item online. You want it, then pay. Buy it now is exactly how it reads, now not later. That’s only my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
It’s just like any other item online. You want it, then pay. Buy it now is exactly how it reads, now not later. That’s only my opinion of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are missing the point. I hit BIN went to pay for it NOW, there was a glitch with ebay for ONE minute. Page came back on and I went to pay again. And ebay stated SORRY this item is no longer available. The listing ended 50 seconds after the first time I hit pay now. When you hit BIN the paypal page come up in 4 seconds or less you pay and that is it 20 sec max.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
You are missing the point. I hit BIN went to pay for it NOW, there was a glitch with ebay for ONE minute. Page came back on and I went to pay again. And ebay stated SORRY this item is no longer available. The listing ended 50 seconds after the first time I hit pay now. When you hit BIN the paypal page come up in 4 seconds or less you pay and that is it 20 sec max.

I think it was that glitch that screwed you. I don't see how it would be any different than if they didn't require immediate payment.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I'm still irritated over the guy who hit the BINs on Verlanders when he pitched his second no-hitter and didn't pay. I think he was just listing his own cards and eliminating competition. After that I never listed a BIN without immediate payment being required.

Gwynn545

Aug 29, 2008
North Seattle
Yes you can put them in your cart. Another buyer can still buy it.

Might want to check on this. When I have added to cart multiple items, then requested total, I am asked to agree to buy the item. At that point, it is sold to me, and I await total by seller.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
In the meantime you are adding to your cart, click ask seller for total 5 min later, the first item you put in has sold. This is what I am talking about. Once I asked seller for a total he told me he did not combine shipping. The total he sent me was $15 for 12 cards and $36 shipping. Now I was committed to buy. I called ebay to cancel the order. They did. I can see a sellers point in wanting a buyer to pay right away.
However the buyers mostly get screwed. I would say their are 1000 times more buyers on ebay than sellers.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts