Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Ebays BIN is starting to SUCK.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
I remember it use to be you hit BIN and the card was yours! Now you have to pay right away or you can still loose the card.
This popped up on a refresh search, I hit buy it now and ebay went the pay now page and my screen Pops up sorry can't reach this page. I hit refresh and the page reloaded and stated SORRY this listing has ended> AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
This is the 10th time this year this has happened. Sick of it! Use to be you hit BIN and it was yours and you could pay the next day or two. Sorry for the rant.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Juan-Gonza...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Last edited:

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
That's frustrating, but I'll bet for every time you've lost an item that way, there have been 10 sellers who missed out on sales because someone locked up a BIN item for days and then didn't pay. Unlike auction style, they don't have a 2nd highest bidder to try to sell the item to when the deadbeat winner skips out on the tab.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I always pay for everything immediately so I had no idea it was even set-up like this.

But in all honesty, as a seller, I'm glad it is. I hate having to wait forever for people to pay because of the looming uncertainty that they'll pay at all. When it comes to prospecting, all it takes is a day or two for prices to plummet or skyrocket so I get nervous wondering if they'll pay cuz I'd love to relist it immediately if they don't but I'm not going to pester the buyer by asking, as they might ding my stats or hit me with a neutral/negative just for bothering them.

Last edited:

KPLER

Aug 9, 2013
Dude screw the job. Sell a few cards you have and live off that. Work is so overrated. You could probably sign up and get at least food stamps. Plus by the time you interview, get the job, work 2 weeks min. before you will even see any money. So you gonna be broke at least a month. By that time your food stamps should be showing up. IMHO

Last edited:

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
I feel your pain.....happen to me.....click on the bin.....was about to pay for it.... when I click out because I needed to know which credit card to use......came back and someone else already click on it and pay for it. Best regards, David

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Dude screw the job. Sell a few cards you have and live off that. Work is so overrated. You could probably sign up and get at least food stamps. Plus by the time you interview, get the job, work 2 weeks min. before you will even see any money. So you gonna be broke at least a month. By that time your food stamps should be showing up. IMHO

What does this post have to do with this thread? Do you live in a state that has legalized marijuana?

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
That's your first post on this board?
Gilmore, where'd you find this guy?

swish54_99

Dec 12, 2012
As a seller, I like it. If you're going to buy something, you need to pay for it and possibly make me lose out on a sale of it while you wait to pay. Ebay says it's trying to be more like a retail setting where sellers have to offer a 30 day return policy, so maybe this is their way of making it more like a retail setting for buyers. You can't go to a store and take something off the shelf and pay for it days later. For once Ebay has done something better for the seller, seems to always be the opposite!

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
This option has been been available to sellers for years but with the feedback change, more buyers not paying, I think more sellers are using it...

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
That's your first post on this board?
Gilmore, where'd you find this guy?

Well, he said he was gonna bring us more playmates for the playground, or as [MENTION=2375]finestkind[/MENTION] more adequately stated it, more inmates for the asylum.

The shrinks forced pills down our throat to make the voices go away and now we have nobody else to talk to. We'll take what we can get.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
As a seller, I like it. If you're going to buy something, you need to pay for it and possibly make me lose out on a sale of it while you wait to pay. Ebay says it's trying to be more like a retail setting where sellers have to offer a 30 day return policy, so maybe this is their way of making it more like a retail setting for buyers. You can't go to a store and take something off the shelf and pay for it days later. For once Ebay has done something better for the seller, seems to always be the opposite!

I completely agree with everything said here. As sellers we are basically forced to offer returns so there is no reason to wait days to pay for your purchase (when making a BIN purchase) unless you are also trying to win one of our auctions and would like to purchase together for the shipping discount.

Personally I only click on the immediate payment option for my BIN listings of higher value ($250+) prospect cards.

homerun28aa

Jun 8, 2011
I respectfully disagree. I'm primarily a buyer on eBay and I tend to pay for my items within a day of purchase...really two days at most. I've definitely heard many, many others complain about this feature but I don't understand it. If you are hitting the BIN price the obvious expectation is you should pay in a timely manner. If you need a day or two to pay - for whatever reason - I would assume if you have good feedback you can message the seller and work with them. But I think as another poster said, for every honest buyer who hits the BIN, has every intention of paying in a timely manner and unfortunately winds up getting screwed, there are probably a dozen eBayers who would previously hit the BIN just to ensure the card is theirs IF they decide to pay. With eBay policy generally being so partial towards buyers, not even allowing sellers to leave buyers negative feedback, I think it's fair to at least give sellers the option of requiring immediate payment for BINs. Just my opinion

chadgwynn

Jun 13, 2011
I respectfully disagree. I'm primarily a buyer on eBay and I tend to pay for my items within a day of purchase...really two days at most. I've definitely heard many, many others complain about this feature but I don't understand it. If you are hitting the BIN price the obvious expectation is you should pay in a timely manner. If you need a day or two to pay - for whatever reason - I would assume if you have good feedback you can message the seller and work with them. But I think as another poster said, for every honest buyer who hits the BIN, has every intention of paying in a timely manner and unfortunately winds up getting screwed, there are probably a dozen eBayers who would previously hit the BIN just to ensure the card is theirs IF they decide to pay. With eBay policy generally being so partial towards buyers, not even allowing sellers to leave buyers negative feedback, I think it's fair to at least give sellers the option of requiring immediate payment for BINs. Just my opinion

Your opinion is dead on except the fact that sellers won’t take the time or tend to believe you so they won’t change it. I’ve tried several times. Like on a Wednesday waiting for my check and don’t want overdraft as an example. So I see why people would be upset because big pockets always win. But if they did do that buyers and sellers would be happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
As a buyer on the rare BIN I hit, I don't mind paying right away because I have the money and apparently the price was good otherwise I wouldn't be hitting the BIN.

I otherwise hate the BIN because there are mostly unrealistic BINs out there rather than reasonable BINs but I can understand why sellers put the fish bait out there and hope a sucker fish takes it.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
The only thing I don't like about is I can't look for additional items to add to my order. If I buy something I always check if the seller has other items I may want. Since I pay right away I lose out on combined shipping so now I don't even bother looking.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
Also a very bad point for BIN and paying right away. If you wait for the Seller to respond on combined shipping, the one card you wanted is GONE!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts