Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Hello from COMC.com

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
James, I don't like having money tied up on the site, so I add paypal to my account in small increments. One thing that bothers me is that when I'm ready to ship cards I've purchased to my home, I have to add $10 minimum to my account to get them, when shipping is only $4. Any chance that COMC could have a true CUSTOM AMOUNT paypal option where you could add any dollar amount you wanted? Sometimes I'll have a few bucks in my account and want to add a buck or two to purchase a newly listed card. Is the $10 minimum due to paypal fees?

Brad

michaelstepper

Jan 15, 2010
southeast Alaska
nice to see a representative here. I've purchased many a card from the website, it's a great place to pick up (in my case) low end autos for set needs and save a ton on shipping.

Also, great to hear you collect Haniger. I started with 2017 topps chrome and currently working on that set still. need the orange, red autos and the red refractor

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
James, I don't like having money tied up on the site, so I add paypal to my account in small increments. One thing that bothers me is that when I'm ready to ship cards I've purchased to my home, I have to add $10 minimum to my account to get them, when shipping is only $4. Any chance that COMC could have a true CUSTOM AMOUNT paypal option where you could add any dollar amount you wanted? Sometimes I'll have a few bucks in my account and want to add a buck or two to purchase a newly listed card. Is the $10 minimum due to paypal fees?

Brad
This is my really only issue with COMC

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

MashingDingers

Apr 23, 2018
Hi James!

COMC rules!! Great place and never any problems- always very fast responses from them, highly recommend!

joey12508

Aug 7, 2008
Winterfell
Hi James welcome, can you please let us buy on your site without having to keep a balance? your losing sales.

COMC_James

COMC Verified Staff
Apr 25, 2018
Redmond, WA
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone! It's truly appreciated and I'm glad to be joining your community!

Any chance buyers will be able to communicate w sellers at some point? Being able to let a seller know you are interested in a particular card but that it is well above market could lead to more sales, esp in the situation mentioned above where a card has been well-overpriced for years.

We've heard the argument both for and against a messaging system similar to other marketplaces. For right now, our stance is that we are the safe and easy way to buy and sell collectibles online. COMC is responsible for all of the dialogue and customer service related issues of all items found on our marketplace - a benefit seen by most using our service.

While there are definitely users out there who would like to haggle back and forth between traditional messaging platforms, we've found that our consignors appreciate not having the same back-and-forth dialogue that other platforms offer. We have an offer system in place, and consignors are able to set their minimum offer % within their profile anywhere between 50% of their asking price to 99% of their asking price to field offers. Of course, this does no good if the case where a seller might have an item priced multiple times above current market value. In cases like those, it is best to assume that the seller does not to haggle on the item, and would rather keep the item.

I will pass this feedback along to our Developmental Team. For the time being, there is a work around to the problem you've described, and I'd be happy to share it. If you add the minimum $10.00 to your account, but only need to use $4.25 of it to complete a purchase or shipment request, you can immediately choose the 'request a refund' option, and refund the excess store credit left in your account that you just purchased. These requests are generally processed within 48 hours of being placed.

nice to see a representative here. I've purchased many a card from the website, it's a great place to pick up (in my case) low end autos for set needs and save a ton on shipping.

Also, great to hear you collect Haniger. I started with 2017 topps chrome and currently working on that set still. need the orange, red autos and the red refractor

I too am on the hunt for the orange, red and xfractor autos as well as both the auto and non-auto super. Shame neither of us will be getting any of those at steal prices anymore!

Hi James welcome, can you please let us buy on your site without having to keep a balance? your losing sales.

Our store credit system is just one way to buy on the COMC Marketplace! You can add items to your COMC shopping cart and check out using your paypal account or a credit/debit card via paypal guest checkout.

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
James, is COMC working on a way to "watch" a card that is currently sold out so that when another one is listed for sale, the potential buyer gets a notification? That'd be a very handy feature!

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
James, is COMC working on a way to "watch" a card that is currently sold out so that when another one is listed for sale, the potential buyer gets a notification? That'd be a very handy feature!
Great question! Would be a nice feature for sure

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

rsmath

Nov 8, 2008
Hello FreedomCardBoard!
I'll be happy to answer non-account or order specific related questions that you might have.

Are you still going to be answering questions here months from now? You aren't the first COMC rep to open up a FCB thread and stop answering in a few days/weeks.

My true Q - are you going to be getting rid of the ripoff cash-out fees? That makes COMC so unattractive to me for selling some of my singles on COMC.

dictoresno

Sep 2, 2017
NJ
I also hate having to purchase credit into the account to offer or buy. Just allow me to make an outright purchase from PayPal. I hate thing up money. Although my first few transactions and shiemt went perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zyceoa

Sep 2, 2012
Hi, can anyone do something about the flippers/scalpers on the site? It gets annoying when there's a rare card I need and someone buys it minutes after it gets listed only to relist it at 3-5 times what it generally sells for on ebay. It makes more sense for me to just wait it out and buy one for a more reasonable price elsewhere.

WaxPax

Are we ever going to have the ability to have different discounts %'s during sale events. The upcoming Spring cleaning sale allows me to only offer one discount % for all my listed items. There are some I'd like to discount less and others discount more.

What this does for cards I'd like to offer a smaller discount is raise their price for the event or not list them at all.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Our store credit system is just one way to buy on the COMC Marketplace! You can add items to your COMC shopping cart and check out using your paypal account or a credit/debit card via paypal guest checkout.

James, appreciate you taking time to answer questions. Regarding this answer - you can purchase cards from the cart using paypal, but doesn't this require you to take possession and pay shipping right away? It would be so nice if you could purchase a card using paypal, and just have it be kept in your inventory to combine shipping with other cards.

COMC_James

COMC Verified Staff
Apr 25, 2018
Redmond, WA

Our Developmental Team is aware that this is one of the more commonly requested features to have built-in notifications for sold out items. For the time being, there is a pretty good work around I'll be happy to share. Locate the item listing that is sold out on COMC, and copy the URL into an RSS Feeder, such as feeder.co . You can set up your RSS Feeder to send you an email, push notification or browser notification when a listing has been updated in the said URL. You can also configure RSS feeds for more broad search results. For example, I get a push notification on my phone any time a new "2017 Chrome Mariners Red Refractor" card is listed, because I PC Mariners, and red refs from Bowman, Topp and Finest are my favorite color.

Are you still going to be answering questions here months from now? You aren't the first COMC rep to open up a FCB thread and stop answering in a few days/weeks.

My true Q - are you going to be getting rid of the ripoff cash-out fees? That makes COMC so unattractive to me for selling some of my singles on COMC.
1.) Yes, I absolutely intend to be answering questions on FCB and a couple other forums moving forward. All things social media fall under my watch at COMC and maintaining a line of communication to our most passionate users is important to me. I brought the proposal of returning to forums to our Management Team, this was not a responsibility that was just assigned to me.

2.) That being said, there are account-specific related questions and questions such as these that I do not have good information to provide. In this case, regarding cash-out fees, when there is news to be shared, it will be shared via our conventional channels (blog and email communication).

I also hate having to purchase credit into the account to offer or buy. Just allow me to make an outright purchase from PayPal. I hate thing up money. Although my first few transactions and shiemt went perfectly.

Making an offer will always require store credit, but you can add one or multiple items to a shopping cart and check out without needing store credit, or even a COMC account for that matter.

Hi, can anyone do something about the flippers/scalpers on the site? It gets annoying when there's a rare card I need and someone buys it minutes after it gets listed only to relist it at 3-5 times what it generally sells for on ebay. It makes more sense for me to just wait it out and buy one for a more reasonable price elsewhere.

Flipping is a benefit of having a COMC account, and to a segment of users, is an important aspect of COMC as a free marketplace. I completely understand your frustration here, as I too have had PC items sell before I could load store credit. While flippers can price their items at will, I think you'll find that most are willing to accept a much lower offer on these items than if they had consigned them.

Are we ever going to have the ability to have different discounts %'s during sale events. The upcoming Spring cleaning sale allows me to only offer one discount % for all my listed items. There are some I'd like to discount less and others discount more.

What this does for cards I'd like to offer a smaller discount is raise their price for the event or not list them at all.

When you're setting up a promotion, you have the ability to choose a custom % off amount on a per-item basis. By default, the promotion page only shows the first three items in your port, but at the bottom of the page, you can expand this to 50 items. From there, you can choose any percentage you'd like other than the percentage off across your portfolio.

For example, you can set an overall 50% off sale for all of the items in your port, but set a custom value of 20% individually on all of your high end items.

James, appreciate you taking time to answer questions. Regarding this answer - you can purchase cards from the cart using paypal, but doesn't this require you to take possession and pay shipping right away? It would be so nice if you could purchase a card using paypal, and just have it be kept in your inventory to combine shipping with other cards.

Yes, completing a checkout with paypal does ship those items. I'll pass along your feedback to the appropriate department in our company regarding that ability. For the time being, I would suggest that the work around would be to purchase the amount of store credit that you need to purchase the items, buy them with your COMC account, and refund any excess store credit left back to your paypal account. I know it’s a little cumbersome with some extra steps involved.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
Any chance buyers will be able to communicate w sellers at some point? Being able to let a seller know you are interested in a particular card but that it is well above market could lead to more sales, esp in the situation mentioned above where a card has been well-overpriced for years.

This would be my number 1 complaint about COMC.

My second would be having to tie up money in COMC credit to make offers on cards. I can understand why but it is a hassle to have to load money, wait up to 48 hours to get an answer about your offer, then ask for a refund.

Last edited:

Members online