Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the most dominant pitcher in baseball right now?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Can someone make an argument that it ISN’T Josh Hader, even in a relief role?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Edwin ding **** diddly Diaz would be my pick. It's still early in the season though so implosions are right around the corner for many! :eek:

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
Hard to argue against it but I would like to also mention Adam Ottavino.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Hader is helping my lackluster pitching in fantasy baseball this year. Took over the 2nd worst team in a keeper league

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
The answer is Verlander.

At the very least, he's the most dominant pitcher in his 30's.

Hasn't lost a single regular season game with the Astros

I would argue Cole has been even better than Verlander. The Astros starting staff has been stupid good and is hands down the best in MLB to this point.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
I would argue Cole has been even better than Verlander. The Astros starting staff has been stupid good and is hands down the best in MLB to this point.

Oh yeah, Cole has been a completely different pitcher since joining the Stros. Generally pitcher's stats regress when going from an NL team to an AL team but it's been the complete opposite for him.

Among Verlander/Cole/Keuchel/McCullers/Morton only Keuchel has a FIP & ERA above 3.50 at the moment.