Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew May 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
That was the Captain America crossover? I recall that was pretty cool.

I have started rewatching them last night, got through the first 2 episodes. The early ones aren't really standalone episodes so I probably wont skip ahead for a while.

Yeah it was.

There are a few standalone episodes in the first three seasons but it's really best just to watch straight through with all the underlying story arcs.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Yeah it was.

There are a few standalone episodes in the first three seasons but it's really best just to watch straight through with all the underlying story arcs.

Yeah, even if you know the comics there are some characters that don't appear in them and seem to only exist in this cannon.
The episodes I remember being possibly my favorite are the ones where Prof X and Magneto are in an area where they lose their powers (thus Prof X can walk) and they have to work together. Also Wolverine vs Sabertooth episodes.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Start of a Bryce Harper: where will he play pool? ;)

If you pick Padres I will start that pool right away ;)

Scott Boras is so stubborn I can see if he doesn't boost his avg then they will be 100mil gap from what their asking price is... thus getting him to Japan for a year(!) Although Cubs Dodger Yankees might make sense too.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Bryce Harper will be just fine. Batting average on it's own isn't really that important of a stat anymore. He may only be hitting .232 right now but he's also got a .923 OPS which ranks 7th in the league. He's also top 10 in slg% and just short of the top 10 in OBP. That's far better than a guy hitting .300+ with a .710-.750 OPS. A guy like that is hitting an empty .300 cuz he's primarily a singles hitter who doesn't take enough walks. Harper leads the league in both home runs & walks. He strikes out less then 1 every 5 plate appearances & has more walks than strikeouts (that's impressive). He's also top 5 in RBI & runs scored.

Right now Harper has an insanely low .200 BABIP which means he's been one of the unluckiest players in baseball. Considering the fact his career BABIP is nearly .120 points higher you can expect that average to eventually hit .300 at some point this season. If he remains as unlucky as he has been and were to finish the season with the same stat line he has now (.232/.387/.537) at his current pace in counting stats (51 HR, 115 RBI, 14 SB, 111 Runs) I do believe his upcoming contract of $250-$300 million would still be safe.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Even with leading the league in walks and HR (which I think he will do) the gap between him and 2000 Arod (a consistent 5 tool player who never had a bad season) is huge. He better walk, hr, hit for avg, learn to play D, steal bags and refill the fans lemonades. ;)

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
maybe even more than that... also sign autos, give hints who wins the hydro races, and suck my Dick Pole.

a solid 9 tool player now = 400mil easy. :cool:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Hit a Wakefield base prime performer auto in my break tonight...it's a good night

Congrats, that's your main PC right?

and suck my Dick Pole.

The moment you realize you took things a tad too far. ::facepalm:: I could have build a 8 tool player and still been heterosexual but I got greedy and build a 9 tool player. :benson::benson::benson::benson::benson:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Wakefield is absolutely my main PC, psyched the break paid out.

I think the 9 tool/ non- hetero joke was worth it. There's a chance I make enough gay jokes that my boss, who is gay thinks I'm at least bi.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Wakefield is absolutely my main PC, psyched the break paid out.

I think the 9 tool/ non- hetero joke was worth it. There's a chance I make enough gay jokes that my boss, who is gay thinks I'm at least bi.

So your boss might give you a big "raise" now. .. nice!!

Sweet about the break then, it only costed around 10 bucks??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gcj34XixuYg

Who has the KISS themed firetruck again? Oh yeah, you got it stuck in NYC traffic. ::facepalm::

fordman

Feb 22, 2013
Ohio
Day #4 on the midnight shift.

Days #1-#3 were a little rough but tonight seems to be a lot better.

One thing that is helping tonight go easier is my Plex server I set up at home with movies & tv shows. Watching over the company's T1 line and whatever my speed is at the house for uploading makes for a decent picture and sound on my tablet. Switching between Big Bang Theory and CSI - Vegas. Will probably get caught up on Timeless tonight when I come in.

Fordman

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Day #4 on the midnight shift.

Days #1-#3 were a little rough but tonight seems to be a lot better.

One thing that is helping tonight go easier is my Plex server I set up at home with movies & tv shows. Watching over the company's T1 line and whatever my speed is at the house for uploading makes for a decent picture and sound on my tablet. Switching between Big Bang Theory and CSI - Vegas. Will probably get caught up on Timeless tonight when I come in.

Fordman

Sounds like you're getting into a groove. I have already done better in the nighttime, and I guess I'm not the only one.. .. Bobby Fischer once tried to get a world championship chess match to start at 2am :lol:

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
In going to push my luck. I got a Wakefield in a two case player break for $14 or $15 after shipping. I just paid $36 for a 12 case break, hoping to hit big with a silver ink #/10 or the gold ink 1/1. Probably gonna miss but it's fun to play the lottery

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
In going to push my luck. I got a Wakefield in a two case player break for $14 or $15 after shipping. I just paid $36 for a 12 case break, hoping to hit big with a silver ink #/10 or the gold ink 1/1. Probably gonna miss but it's fun to play the lottery

Yeah gambling it up is fun, I only do the poormans type these days . . .4 rolls of dimes for my bday and found 1 merc dime. :cool:

So you get the Sox each time in these breaks, or just the Wakefield slot within the Sox?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I bumped into an error looking through some of my old Bowman cards... There is a John Hicks that calls him a pitcher, and another of the same card with catcher. :confused: Never knew that existed.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Yeah gambling it up is fun, I only do the poormans type these days . . .4 rolls of dimes for my bday and found 1 merc dime. :cool:

So you get the Sox each time in these breaks, or just the Wakefield slot within the Sox?

So it depends, he's actually pictured as a pirate in this one. I tend to go just for the player specific breaks because it's cheaper. For this one the pirates have some Clemente and honus Wagner so the team price can be higher than I want to pay for a case. In other breaks the same goes for Boston, lots of active fans so the price gets driven up.

Members online