Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Night Crew May 2018

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Uggg, another USCF blitz online event I under performed in. ::facepalm:: In game 1 I'm playing a lower rated player and lose a pawn fairly fast, and a lot of time off my clock. I'm holding him to a clear draw until he gets in time trouble too... so I go for a win and miss something and lose in a time scramble. :benson: Second game also vs lower rated player, I smash him with ease but then withdraw as I was playing to shtty to go on.

So it depends, he's actually pictured as a pirate in this one. I tend to go just for the player specific breaks because it's cheaper. For this one the pirates have some Clemente and honus Wagner so the team price can be higher than I want to pay for a case. In other breaks the same goes for Boston, lots of active fans so the price gets driven up.

I completely forgot he was ever a Pirate. I guess he took a while to establish himself in mlb... good pickup for the Sox!

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Uggg, another USCF blitz online event I under performed in. ::facepalm:: In game 1 I'm playing a lower rated player and lose a pawn fairly fast, and a lot of time off my clock. I'm holding him to a clear draw until he gets in time trouble too... so I go for a win and miss something and lose in a time scramble. :benson: Second game also vs lower rated player, I smash him with ease but then withdraw as I was playing to shtty to go on.

I completely forgot he was ever a Pirate. I guess he took a while to establish himself in mlb... good pickup for the Sox!

He was a classic case of starting off super hot in 92 then took awhile to adjust when team built a book on him.

So in this tournament, you won game two then withdrew? Why not keep going and see what happens? I know how to play chess, but I'm not familiar with how the tournments and higher level games are played, I just know enough to move all the pieces and try to build a feeble strategy.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
He was a classic case of starting off super hot in 92 then took awhile to adjust when team built a book on him.

So in this tournament, you won game two then withdrew? Why not keep going and see what happens? I know how to play chess, but I'm not familiar with how the tournments and higher level games are played, I just know enough to move all the pieces and try to build a feeble strategy.

They (USCF) might call these online blitz events tournaments but they don't have entry fees or prizes so basically they are just to get a blitz rating. (If there was $$$ I would probably try to make a comeback and play all the games.) The point of withdrawing then is to play until you feel you are declining. I mostly do correspondence events which is the opposite of blitz (like training for marathons then running sprints) so these blitz events take a lot of concentration for me to move every few seconds. The plan was to withdraw after a single round but due to being the final game to finish in round 1 it automatically paired us for r2. I think I was pissed enough I'd of played a second round anyways. :lol:

A chess player! Use to play a long time ago....(college days).......highest rating was 1716! Best regards, David

Very nice, I think there's been a bit of inflation so you might be higher these days. . . if you still have the magic touch! :)
The only established rating I have right now with USCF is my corr rating in the upper 1800s.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
[MENTION=2459]David K.[/MENTION]

Who do you have in winning the world title this year, Carlsen or Caruana?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Mike Trout is playing like a Golden God....3-for-3 with two doubles, a home run & 3 RBI. This is his 3rd straight game with a HR and he's now tied for the league lead.

He is going to have a 5 WAR by the end of may. . . :shock: This is the best RH position player even and I don't think it will be close.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
I try not to go overboard with things like this, he's still so young, I think Mike Trout is the best/most complete player I have ever seen play. Griffey, bonds (with or without steroids) name who ever you want from the early to mid eighties and up and I think Trout is probably better.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
I try not to go overboard with things like this, he's still so young, I think Mike Trout is the best/most complete player I have ever seen play. Griffey, bonds (with or without steroids) name who ever you want from the early to mid eighties and up and I think Trout is probably better.

Yeah, plus if he is HGHing then I think he is not going to have a Pujols style (aka human) decline, he could just keep hitting like Bonds did.

oh, and my comment about him getting to 5 WAR by the end of May is already outdated, he probably passed 5 WAR tonight alone.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
He is going to have a 5 WAR by the end of may. . . :shock: This is the best RH position player even and I don't think it will be close.

He's now 5-for-5 with a HR, 3 doubles, 3 runs scored & 4 RBI

First 15+ WAR player in modern day history??? Ya never know....

He's the best player I've ever "seen" play since I began watching baseball in 1995. That's as much as I can say. However, going simply on stats without firsthand knowledge, I do believe he's got to be one of the greatest players of the last 50 years. Let it be known that I completely exclude steroid pumping players like Bonds because I'll never know just how good their natural abilities were & what was simply a result of science. I'm sure there are many other players using PEDS that we have not yet heard about but until a player fails a test or admits to it, I just assume they're clean...as ignorance is bliss.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Byron Buxton colliding into the wall somehow reminded me of a bug hitting a car :eek: He scrapes his head after whipping on the warning track. That's the sign of someone not hitting well and trying to make up for it with amazing D.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
The most entertaining player to watch for me still is Manny Ramirez.... sht the guy was a comical fielder. :lol: cutting off the cutoff man. . . pissing on the Green Monster, etc

I have my pens right here in a Pinnacle Inside cup with noneother than ManRam on the cover! I think they came in many different players so I guess I got lucky.

Members online