Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who is the worst mlb free agent signing so far in 2018?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
My vote goes to. Yu Darvish 0-3 with a 6.00 ERA. He has been absolutely awful. I would send him down to A ball to get his head straightened out. Your thoughts? Is there a player worse?

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Darvish has probably been the worst I can think of, but Ichiro has been terrible too. A 0 tool player who needs to be subbed out in fielding these days, all 9 of his hits are singles with most of them not leaving the infield. He could be hitting .085 or so with a little worse luck factor. At least Darvish should rebound.

death2redemptions

Feb 4, 2016
The Carolina on the Southern side
Darvish has probably been the worst I can think of, but Ichiro has been terrible too. A 0 tool player who needs to be subbed out in fielding these days, all 9 of his hits are singles with most of them not leaving the infield. He could be hitting .085 or so with a little worse luck factor. At least Darvish should rebound.

Ichiro? I thought he was just signed to be the M's mascot this year cuz Mariner Moose was on the DL after a near fatal moose calling.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Ichiro has been terrible too. A 0 tool player who needs to be subbed out in fielding these days, all 9 of his hits are singles with most of them not leaving the infield. He could be hitting .085 or so with a little worse luck factor.
There are several reports that Ichiro is retiring this weekend after Seattle's homestand.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
Hopefully he gets a nice sendoff, its hard to watch a once dominant player perform like this.

I don't disagree, because he was phenomenal for such a long time but I like that fact the he still runs it out there, shows he really loves the game. He doesn't need the money at this point, hes already got the milestones he will achieve, he just wants to play. It would have been real easy to stop right after 3,000 for him and who would have blamed him, he's doing it because he wants to. I love that, he's not worried about anything other than being on the field and a part of the team. He will always be a sentimental favorite, I might pick a few right fielders I've seen play ahead of him but there are very few I've ever watched that I respect more.

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA
Ugg... bottom 9, 3-2 game, 2 runners on. . . .and they don't pinch hit Gamel (or anyone) for Ichiro. :benson::benson::benson::benson::benson:

I think that really confirms the retirement reports.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
I hadn't realized Ichiro signed. I remember wondering if anyone would show interest in ST, now here we are a month into the season already. Yeah, his stats are lackluster. But out of 9 singles and 3 walks he's scored 5 runs. That's gotta be a record. Still kicking myself for missing that SPX Ichiro auto in February that went for like $1100. Won't see one that cheap for a while.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Carlos Santana, at least so far?

Especially since it probably cost two prospects a shot at a FT job in Philly...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Yu Darvish has to be the worst.
Not only has he been horrendously bad, but the Cubs could have instead resigned Jake Arietta, who's having an excellent season for Philly.

Members online

Latest posts