Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Someone is really going to get screwed on this Mike Trout auto that is not an auto.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
A bidder on the card, that raised it past $170, has over 10,000 feedback. Could be a low pop card but certainly is a dumb screw-up by BGS.

WCTYSON

Nov 3, 2014
It's not listed on the population report as an autograph. Only two have been graded, both 9.5.

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
Not the first time they've done this. I wonder if they do it just to make an extra $2 on the auto grade, like it's a conscious thing. But don't you have to mark it as an auto on the order form anyway? If the submitter thought it was a real auto and marked the box, I guess BGS isn't going to take the trouble to correct it, amend the order form, change the amount to be charged, etc. Although they certainly should.

WizardofOz1982

Sep 30, 2017
Oklahoma
BGS definitely has an issue with this. I'm not sure how anyone grading these could look at the card and think it is a real auto if they looked at it for more than 2 seconds.

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
All grading companies have their issues but I just don't trust BGS. I saw that they encapsulated and authenticated an ACEO sketch card as a 1/1. I find that disgusting.

Scott F

forgerelli

Apr 4, 2013
Is that just sent to bgs to be slabbed and nothing else?

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

That's what it looks like. My main issue is that they put a 1/1 on the label. It's a home made card, the guy could make 100's of them and some of these "artists" do.

Technically how does Beckett know what this guys artwork looks like? It's not like the guy is Picasso, but are they going to start certifying sketches from comic artists or something? They have no business authenticating art.

It's misleading at best.

Scott F

AnthonyCorona

Oct 6, 2014
Modesto, CA
That's what it looks like. My main issue is that they put a 1/1 on the label. It's a home made card, the guy could make 100's of them and some of these "artists" do.

Technically how does Beckett know what this guys artwork looks like? It's not like the guy is Picasso, but are they going to start certifying sketches from comic artists or something? They have no business authenticating art.

It's misleading at best.

Scott F
I'm no artist but if I make a stick figure wearing a 27 jersey, write 1/1 and send to bgs is it worth $40? I'm gonna try!

Sent from my LG-TP450 using Tapatalk

Letch77

Jan 28, 2018
Midwest
I'm no artist but if I make a stick figure wearing a 27 jersey, write 1/1 and send to bgs is it worth $40? I'm gonna try!
I'd say it's worth WAY more than 40 bucks. I mean, you would have created something that this world may not be ready for! :lol:

JVHaste

Jun 22, 2015
Vancouver WA

What about just drawing "1/1" on the card and nothing else? Remember, the fine art community is all about being as c*nty as possible and overly simplistic = more money.

Members online

No members online now.